Chapter Nine ~ Mariana is Gone

Edited

Mentions ~ Death

~ Alex D'Cruz ~

I am not going to lie. It is actually nice having some free time to myself and not having Giovanni breathing down my neck every second of the day. I do wonder what he does when he goes out of town for a business meeting because they sound very important. I also do want to know about his other job maybe I will find out soon. 

Everything comes into the light 

There was a slight knock on my door. I got up and went to answer it and it was Cora. " Hey, girl," She said and welcomed herself inside. I am getting warmed up Cora and it feels like we have known each other for years, but it only has been a few weeks. " Need to talk about something?" I asked as I closed the door and followed Cora outside to the balcony. 

" Nope, I just needed some company and you seem like the most pleasant company," She said taking a sip of some tea. I never really had company when I was younger because everything evolved around work and my brother, Andrew. I miss him very much and my parents. " Are you saying I am good company?" I jokingly said. " Actually the best company I had in years," She said and came over to the other bench that I was sitting on.

" Thank you, I can say the same to you," I said. Cora and I sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view. It feels like hours went by and a door slammed and it sounded like the front door. " They must be back already," Cora muttered and hurried out of my room. Something told me to follow her, but something else told me to stay where I was. I quickly walked over to my door. I turned the knob, but the door didn't open. I know the fuck not they didn't lock me inside of this fucking room. 

I have no choice, but to stay in this damn room. There must be something they really do not want me to know. I asked Britnee what Giovanni does for his other business, but she doesn't know either. Something is telling me she kind of does know, but she isn't going to tell me. Well, that isn't her place to tell me and that is Giovanni's place. 

I sat on my bed and stared at the door.

...

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep, but I woke up to the sound of my door clicking. Someone unlocked the door. I quickly got up and went over to the door pulled it open and looked down the hall and Giovanni was entering his office. I saw his facial expression, and he looked so frustrated. I walked down the hall to his office. I should knock because I know if I walk in then he would be even more irritated. 

"Come in, Alex," I didn't even get the chance to knock. I slowly opened the door and he was sitting in one of the chairs in the middle of his office drinking an alcoholic drink. " Do you need something?" He questioned me. I shook my head no and closed the door behind me and walked over to him. " What happened?" I asked trying to get small pieces of information about what else he does for a living. " Just something that happened on the trip and no I am not going to discuss that information with you, so don't pressure it," He said pouring some more Whiskey into his glass cup.