Chapter 19 ~ Adventures awaits

Not edited

Mentions~

Giovanni Gambino

Giovanni Gambino

1 week later

 Dear Giovanni,

It's Alex again I write every day I hope one day you will see this and read this. I was really thinking about the situation we need to let it go and just apologize for the words we said. It was a shitty argument and it wasn't worth arguing for. I miss you, but I am better off without you and you are better off without me. I hope one day we can be friends and see one another again. Cora told me how much hatred you have towards me and the hatred that is towards you. This is your and my problem and I shouldn't have said anything to your mother.

, Love Alex

I put the note in a box where the letters I have already read we in. I have been reading a letter each day and it is kind of calming to me. That I know what was her thought process through everything. I am sitting in front my the house now waiting for my father and Ayden. I think they want me to watch some of the recruits come in for training and to see if they are worth being in our mafia.

Devina came out of the house and walked over to the car.

" Giovanni, I need you to look into Miko and his whereabouts since he has been here."

" I was going to do that anyway. Alex told me about it and asked me to."

" Okay good. I just don't trust him and he seems suspicious lately. Alex is worried and I think he is up to no good. He only been back once and then off again."

" You realize this isn't your relationship, but you sound very concern about it."

" Dig deep into his history. Anything will help."

" Fine"

" Thank you so much," Devina went back into the house and then my father and Ayden came out. Ayden got into the back seat and my father sat in the passenger's seat.

" Ready to see our new recruits?"

" No," I said. Ayden was on his phone.

" Stop texting Aunt Karla," I said. He looked up from his phone and glared at me through the rearview mirror.

...

I paced back and forth down the corridor of the training room watching the recruits. Luciano was already put to work and so was Taytum with the women. The women are doing better than the men as always. I am not even surprised.

Luciano looked stressed out with them. Every five fucking minutes they need a damn break and the women keep working hard. I walked into the room and I felt the tension sharpen up soon as I stepped foot. My father and Ayden were right behind me. I love the control and power I have over people.