Chapter Eight ~ Friends

Edited

Mentions ~

~ Giovanni Gambino ~

After the night I was drunk I have spoken a single word to Alex. She has been doing her own thing, but I still have my guards keeping a close eye on her. Sometimes forget how I get when I am drunk, but it wasn't bad like some of the other times I was drunk. 

The only time I see Alex is at the dinner table. I can tell everyone in my family is starting to like Alex. Especially Cora, probably because she doesn't get out as often and doesn't have anyone to talk to. Alex is someone who has a schedule, but some days she is doing nothing and hangs out with Cora. I don't think that is a good duo. Knowing the things Cora is capable of it is time to see what Alex is capable of. 

Speaking of not talking to Alex, she came busting into my office. How in hell did she get here? My guards had sorry look on their faces. " Sorry, Giovanni, she begged us to take her here with a threat. I didn't think she would actually stab one of us."

Stab?

I looked at Alex, who had the most innocent look on her face. " I will take care of it and make sure whoever got stabbed is in the clinic. How bad is it?" I said rubbing my temples. " Just some stitches on the arm would be good, so he is fine," He said and closed the door leaving Alex and me in my office. 

" What was the need to stab one of my guards to come see me?" I asked Alex. She sat on the corner of my desk. I am assuming she didn't have anything for modeling today. " They wouldn't let me leave the house, so I had to threaten them. I am pretty sure they were scared for their lives while in the car. I just was wondering where you have been all day and night for most days at a time," She said. " So you wanted to spend time with me?" I questioned. 

" No, not really," She stated and made space for herself in my lap. She wants something because there is no way she would sit on my lap voluntarily. I kind of need a break, so I am going to enjoy the next few minutes of this. " Then why are you here? Cora got annoying because I completely understand if she did," I said. She looked back at me offended. Probably because I was talking about her new best friend. " I am just playing. As long as you don't bother me then I am good because I have work to do, Bellissima," I said. I placed my hands on her hips and moved her to one side of my lap.

One of my arms was around her waist while I was finishing up signing off on some papers. Alex was watching my every last move. I think she is trying to understand what the hell I was doing. 

...

After a while, Alex got up and left my office. I think she threatened one of my guards to give her a tour because she did ask, but I said no. I texted my guards to not show certain rooms. Especially the weapons because who knows who she is going to hurt next? It might be me, or someone beyond this base. 

I have looked into Alex's background many times and many things seem so similar, but I can't put my finger on it. Her last name most definitely sounds familiar. Might need to do some more digging, but not too deep because I already know some things. I just don't pick random people I always know something about them. I looked down at my phone and it was one of my guards texting me with a help signal. 

Forbidden Worlds | OngoingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara