Much Needed Vacation

|Jamie's POV|

Time is moving by so fast. The holiday season is officially over and I'm going to take a vacation to Costa Rica with my sisters for a week. It's been a while since we all hung out together outside of being with our kids and husbands. I think this is actually the longest we've gone from a solo trip.

I was hesitant about leaving Brandon solo with the kids, but he was insistent that he'd be able to handle it. I knew he was, I just... It's just me being a mom. Three kids 11, 8 and 7, trust me when I tell you they're a handful.

Olivia and Bianca are still full on with dance and are starting to get paid offers for bigger shows. They are so much like Izzy and I when we were younger and they're truly following in our footsteps. We want nothing more for them to do what makes them happy, but watching them flourish into the amazing dancers they are, I couldn't be prouder.

My baby girl, Addison, does gymnastics with Mikayla and will be moving to a higher level soon. Izzy and I have been looking into a more competitive gym for the girls as they are exceeding beyond the standard expectations. Like we did with Livy and BB, we ask them what they want to do and then move from there.

Then there's my baby boy Julian who is obsessed with all things basketball. Being the youngest with 4 girls between his sisters and cousins, he handles it pretty well. He's only a year younger than Addison and he gets along great with his sisters, but he really stays to himself.

The kids were watching a movie while I packed and Brandon was on a call. I never went on a trip without trying everything on, making sure all my accessories matched. We were going to be taking a lot of photos and doing activities so I had quite a bit to pack for. I'm an over-packer, for sure.

I tried on one of my sundresses and it fit like a glove. To think I'll be 40 in a few years, in my opinion, I've never looked or felt better.

"Still got it," I said to myself.

"Damn right you do."

I didn't have to turn around to know my husband was undressing me with his eyes.

"Did that dress make the cut?" he quizzed, coming further into the closet.

"Yup. It'll be nice when we do our dinner on the beach."

"You look great, babe. I mean, you always look good, but it's something about that dress."

"Fits like a glove."

"That it does."

I moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You gonna miss me?"

Just as I expected, he groaned, sliding his arms around my waist and kissing me.

"Of course."

I kissed him again before breaking out of his embrace. I started to take off my dress and Brandon chuckled.

"Really? Right here, right now?"

I looked at him like he was crazy before it hit me what he was talking about. I slapped his shoulder.

"Must you always be a horn dog?"

"You're my wife, does that question even make sense?"

I slid on one of my bathing suits and I could see him shaking his head through my full length mirror.

"That one can stay home."

"What? Why?"

"Babe, come on."

"What?"

"Look at you."

"What about it? I look great."