Last Straw

|Tyler's POV|

I left Logan to disconnect his game while I went to talk to Izzy. Do I think she meant to chop Logan in his chest? No. It was a reaction. Still, I know how her temper can get and it's only a matter of time before Logan makes her really snap.

Walking in our bedroom and closing the door, I saw she was on the phone.

Jamie, I swear he's going to make me hurt him. I'm trying to keep my cool. I just... He really does and it's all coming back to bite me in my ass! Tyler just came in and with the way he's looking at me... No like that, nasty. Alright. I know. I'll see you then. It's cool, I'll grab breakfast for the crew. Love you, too. Bye.

She threw her phone on the bed. She was visibly still upset.

"We need to talk," I stated.

She cut her eyes at me.

"Tyler, I'm not in the mood, okay."

"I don't care. You lost your cool in there. We're not going to sweep that under the rug."

She sighed.

"I didn't hit him intentionally."

"I understand that, but you acted irrationally snatching the cords the way you did."

"Does it look like I care?"

"Isabella, you know what my point is."

"He grabbed my arm."

"As a reaction to you damn near breaking his game. All he saw was you yanking cords out which you did out of anger. He grabbed your arm to stop you. Take some accountability here. Your reaction wasn't going to get us any answers that we wanted out of him. You of all people should know that."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Babe, from all the stories you've told me about how you were as a teenager, Logan is a lot like you."

"Yeah and my parents didn't take my shit. I'm not going to take his."

"Isabella, that's not what I'm saying."

"Stop saying my full name!"

I went and sat on the bed next to her.

"What's going on, babe? How you reacted to Logan, that's not like you. I get that he let his grades drop, but you're becoming irate with him."

"It's just so much shit going on with him. I feel like we have no control. I know we've eased up and have leaned more towards grounding and saving spankings for more serious offenses. That worked when he was younger. He's almost 16. He's growing into a young man. I'm not going to have him think he can do whatever he wants. There's still rules."

"I hear you."

"You're right though, I did lose my cool. It's just a lot going on with him right now," she stated.

There was a knock on the door. Opening it, there was Logan with his game and cords.

"Come in, son."

I moved to the side. I pointed for him to set everything down. He looked over at Izzy. Her face softened.

"Come here, Logan."

He went and sat on the bed with her. She cradled him in her arms like she would when he was younger. My 15 year old looked like he was 5 all over again.

"I'm sorry that I reacted the way I did and hit you. You caught me off guard grabbing my arm, but that's no excuse. For that, I do apologize."

"It's cool mom."