Never Knew

|Logan's POV|

I sat in the kitchen with Erica trying to see what she wanted to eat.

"Sorry to drop by like this. I just..."

"Hey, my parents told you to come by anytime. You're going through a lot and friends are there for each other at times like this. If you being here, around us, makes you feel better in any way, cool. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I'm here."

She smiled.

"I appreciate it. We've gotten really close these past few weeks."

"Yeah, we have."

"Do you think it's weird? I mean, we've only gone to school together pretty much all our lives and now we start hanging out together."

I shrugged.

"My Aunt Aurora and my Uncle Bash were around each other for years. My Uncle Bash is my Uncle Zach's best friend, they grew up in Florida together. So even after years of being around each other, they got close once they both ended up in New York. Aunt Rory went to FIT and Uncle Bash was starting his career. All that time spent together, they just clicked. I'm sure my aunt didn't plan on dating or even marrying her brother's best friend. My point is, it doesn't matter how long or short you know someone. If you click, you just click."

She nodded.

"It's funny you say that. That's how my parents were. They grew up together, but never had the same friends. Then they ended up at the same college and the rest is history," she stated.

"Yeah, my parents met in college. They bumped into each other and he didn't see her for weeks after that, but he kept thinking about her. Once they exchanged numbers, they were inseparable. My dad said it was love at first sight. I thought he was just saying that, but seeing how my parents are, I can only hope for the same thing one day."

I made her a plate and warmed it up. I slid it over to her. She looked at it before looking back at me.

"Can we eat outside? I could use the fresh air."

"Yeah, sure. Come on."

I held the plate, sliding the door open as she grabbed her bag. Once she sat down, I turned on the lights and sat across from her. She had her hand holding up her head.

"You okay?"

"Just feeling a little lightheaded. Can you get me some water."

"Yeah, hold on."

I went inside and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge. I opened it and handed it to her. She barely took a sip before her hand started shaking and she slumped over the table. I noticed she was about to fall. I quickly grabbed her and held her head in hand, grabbing a pillow.

"Erica! Erica!"

Nothing. I checked her purse like my dad had shown me plenty of times.

"Erica, come on. Wake up please," I pleaded.

I snapped out of being in shock and went in search of my dad.

"Dad! Dad!" I yelled, running inside and towards the staircase.

I was freaking out, but I didn't want to yell that Erica had passed out and scare my sisters.

"Dad, come outside please!" I yelled again.

I heard shuffling upstairs before my dad came rushing down. From the look on my face he could tell something was wrong. He quickly moved to the backyard and I followed.

"What happened?" he quizzed.

"I made her some food and we came out here. She said she was feeling lightheaded so I went to grab her some water. She went to take a sip and her hand started shaking. Next thing I know, she passed out. I made sure that she didn't hit the ground and cradled her head on the pillow. I checked her pulse and I came and got you. I did everything you taught me."