Homecoming

|Logan's POV|

This weekend is Homecoming and everyone is hype. Here in Texas, Homecoming is a big deal. All current students show out, but the alumni goes just as hard. In my family, it's no different. My dad and uncles graduated from this high school so they go all in, too. The team is currently undefeated and I've been doing what I need to as a Captain and leader. The drama stays out of the locker room and definitely doesn't touch the field.

I wish I could say things with Gavin and Samantha have gone away, but they're still annoying as hell. They're officially together and she rubs it in my face every time she can. I'm talking about these two tonguing each other down when they see me, talking shit when they walk past in the hallway, and spreading rumors. What's pissing them off is them not getting a reaction out of me. I don't give two fucks about Sam and her life. The minute we broke up, she was dead to me and no longer my concern.

I could take all the shots they throw at me. What's getting to me is Gavin talking shit about my family. He's made comments about my mom and brought up the statement she released in regards to her sexual assault. He's talking shit about my house and how he runs shit and nothing will happen to him.

None of this he has said directly to my face. That's one of the reasons I haven't kicked his face in. That and the fact that I'm a Captain and scouts are seriously looking at me this year. I can't let him get in my head that he throws me off my game.

Players get to leave school two hours early on game day. We didn't play until tomorrow and usually they'd scratch that, but Coach told us we'd be excused. For me, that's right after lunch. I got my shit and was walking outside when I saw Gavin and Samantha with some other people. Near the pickup area, I saw some of the football team waiting for their rides.

Gavin, as usual, moved closer and started talking shit.

"Look, it's Mr. Big Shot," he called out.

I shook my head ignoring him. Some of the players turned around and moved closer as Gavin and Samantha did the same. I was happy my team had my back, but I didn't need help. People confused my silence with weakness. I'm far from weak and definitely not a punk. This shit is just stupid.

"What? Nothing to say? I knew you were a lame. Everyone keeps warning me about you and that I need to back off. You won't do shit," he goated.

I just glared at him. Samantha was standing next to him smiling. I watched her run her hands up and down his chest. I laughed.

"What's so funny?" she quizzed.

"The two of you."

Anytime I didn't entertain them, Gavin got angrier. He got in my face and I just laughed again.

"Logan, you good?" I heard from behind me.

Gavin looked like he saw a ghost. That would be the voice of Matteo. I wasn't expecting. He only had a small window to come home, but promised he'd show up. As Teo got closer, Gavin's demeanor changed. Teo was more of a hothead than me. I know he'd knock the shit out of Gavin without a second thought.

"I'm good, bro."

He stood next to me, staring down, Gavin.

"You've been talking on social media. You said you'd fuck up anyone that's in Logan's family if they step to you. I'm right here. I'm waiting. What's up?"

See what I mean? Gavin just stood there. I heard snickering behind me from other players.

"Always having someone speak for you," Gavin said, turning back to me.

Teo was about to say something, but I stopped him.

"Get the fuck out of my face Gavin. You've been talking shit for weeks and I've been letting it slide. Saying shit about me is one thing, but talking shit about my family that have nothing to do with this situation is crossing the line."