Numero Uno

I've always been invisible to everyone, even my parents. No one's ever cared about me or my interests. Eventually I grew up getting used to it, it's not as bad as it seems- you get free seats all the time, you don't have to socialize, and no one bothers you.

Yes it seems sad, yes it would be nice to talk to someone but there's nothing I can do about it. My social skills have gone so low I barely talk. Sometimes I wonder why I'm even here, what's my purpose anyway?

I sigh miserably as once again, my teacher places me at the back. It's a new year- the first day of school always drains me to death. I hope this year is a good one...though it's probably going to be like the others I think to myself.

I look out the window, at least they have a window...neat.. I think trying to make myself feel better. "Is everyone in their seats?" The teacher asks , she places her bag down finally.

My classmates all say yes. I look to my right, thank God no one's going to sit here I think to myself watching the empty desk. All of a sudden someone bursts in through the door.

"I'm here! Huff  I'm here Mrs.!" A tall boy named Kel says, he looks like he ran the whole way here. Everyone starts laughing, Jack a classmate stands up and goes over to him. "I thought you were never going to make it Kel!" He says happily to Kel.

Kel smiles shyly, "sorry I was late Mrs, I totally forgot today was the first day of school, it won't happen again!" He says. The teacher views him up and down, "you better not, take your seat" she says handing him a piece of paper.

I look around to see if there are any other empty desks but none. I start to panic oh no he's going to have to sit here isn't he? Why did I jinx myself!? Hopefully he knows right away and doesn't ask for my-

"Hold on, who's Y/N? " Kel asks, I feel the color of my skin drain out. There's a moment of silence from everyone....and then they start to laugh. I look at the ground, my face is probably really red.

I hate this. I hate this so much! I force myself to look back up at him, he looks confused as to why everyone's laughing. "Dude you're so funny! She's been with us since Kindergarten !" Jack says slapping Kel on the back.

Kel's expression changes to guilt, "oh really? My bad, so where is she?" He asks trying to lower the mood. Jack points straight at me, I quickly turn away from embarrassment. I hear Kel make his way over to me, I remain facing the window.

"Hey" he says, I don't respond. "Haha , I really didn't mean to offend you like that...I'm really bad at names sorry" he says. I look at him, my face is probably full of anger. I open my mouth to say something when Jack interupts me.

"Don't be sorry man, she's called invisible  for a reason you know?" He says laughing afterwards, a couple students giggle along. It just makes me even more angry, to I turn to face the window again. Just ignore them Y/n, ignore them...