19. Someone To Stay (Alternate Ending 1)

biiiig trigger warning for this one, also i know it's so abrupt, i hate it too:)

bear in mind, you all love me really deep down

LUNA's POV

I meant what I said when I told my mama I would be out of her hair soon. Here I sit, back against the bathtub; knife in one hand, pills in the other.

I'm not sure what mama was thinking leaving me alone in my room. She normally stays by my side to ensure I don't do anything stupid again. I guess she took a chance.

I kinda wish she hadn't, though. Or rather, she's going to wish she hadn't. I don't mind it, maybe I can finally be in peace. My head will go quiet, my mind. Then my body will follow.

At least I can go down knowing I tried. The fight was fought. It wasn't exactly the life I was hoping to live, but I got enough of a taster to know this isn't the sort of world I want to exist in. Too much has happened. It's irreversible.

Leaving my mom, my family, behind is the hardest thing about all of this. But I know they're better off without me, their life was so much simpler before I came along. I've made up with my mama now, I know, but it doesn't change the fact she still left me in the first place. Perhaps it really was for the reason she's been telling me and she genuinely didn't want to. Or maybe, that was all a load of crap and she thought I was worth nothing.

She'd be right.

There's no place for me in the universe anymore. The multiverse, even.

I wish there was something I could do to pull myself from this. Not even the knowledge that I have people to rely on can save me now. Nothing can.

Not wanting to spend another minute feeling the way I have been for as long as I can remember, I pop open the bottle of Vicodin and neck a few. I'm dry swallowing them, there's no point in getting water. I wouldn't mind if I choked or suffocated to death, either.

The cold silver resting against my skin is the next step. Without thinking, I point the sharp end to my arm and press down hard, dragging it quickly across my arm, all the way to the veins on my wrist. I curse to myself out of pain, the blood pouring so rapidly.

It only takes a couple of seconds for my vision to begin to blur. The pills are being spilt into my mouth and down my throat. It hurts. My insides are twisting, my eyes are growing heavy, this is it.

This is it.

I guess I'm not... someone to stay.

-

this was just one of the endings i had planned. the next one will be out either later today or tomorrow, i'll leave that up to you

and i'm very aware this is like rushed, but i honestly don't think i can give any more to this story but please don't hate me because i know there's people who like this story haha

but even though this one is coming to an end, i do have another wanda mental health story that will be posted in the new year!!

i've already started writing it so here is some info:)

it's set after wandavision and before multiverse of madness, it's going to be wandanat but not romantic, just platonic (they're just close friends, but there's also a bit of a mother/daughter type element) and it's all going to be written in third person which is something i haven't explored before but i wanna try it and see if i can pull it off

hope you enjoyyyy