13. The Annoying Aunt

LUNA's POV

Finally, my period is over! What felt like weeks was really only three days, which apparently is a short period. But Wanda told me it's just because it was my first one, and it'll even out over time.

I'm just glad these horrible cramps are gone. I've spent much of my time just curled up in bed and cuddled into my mother. Her hugs help a lot.

Lately, the twins have been asking why I don't call Wanda 'mom' or Vision 'dad' and I haven't been sure what to tell them. I guess Wanda isn't really my mom. She's just my mother. She didn't raise me, she just gave birth to me. And with Vision, he isn't my father, anyway. Even if he was, the thought of calling someone 'dad' sickens me because Strucker used to force me to call him that. Any time I titled him by anything else, he would lose it and go absolutely feral on me.

"Morning, Lulu," Billy smiles at me when I step foot into the kitchen. Ah, so the nickname's caught on then. "Are you excited for auntie Nat to come over later?"

Someone's coming over? Who the hell is Nat?

"Uhh... I don't even know who that is," I reply, walking up to where Wanda's standing in the kitchen and holding onto her hand, I don't feel up for a hug right now.

I've started being okay with her sleeping in her own room now, I don't feel as lonely when I'm on my own at night, which is definitely progress.

"Natasha's my best friend. She's an Avenger too but you didn't see her when we were at the Compound. She comes round every now and then," Wanda explains and puts her coffee down to open her arms for me, she looks a little hurt when I reject her. I do like her hugs, they're growing on me, but there are times where I just don't feel like it.

"Is she safe?" I ask timidly. 'Is she going to hurt me?' is what I'm mentally asking. I'm assuming she wouldn't since the twins obviously love her, but you can never be too sure.

"Very," my mother reassures me whilst tucking some loose hair behind my ear and planting a kiss on my cheek. "You hungry? Viz made bacon," she asks, pulling the plate towards me. "I can make you some toast with it if you'd like?"

The food offered sounds appealing, but I'm not sure I can stomach anything with how anxious I am right now. It's a new person coming into what I've claimed as my safe space, and I wasn't even told until a minute ago.

"Earth to Luna." A hand is being waved in front of my face, pulling me out of my thought trail. That's when I notice the eleven year old standing in front of me.

"What's up, Tommy?" I question, trying to sound as nice as possible, even though all I want to do is scream.

"Can you show me how to draw a car? I've been trying for ages and I can't figure it out." The poor kid sounds so frustrated. That's the thing with art; you have to be patient and can't give up after only a few tries.

"Tommy, maybe just let her have some breakfast first," Vision tells him, passing a clean plate to Wanda so she can dish some up for me, I'm quick to excuse her, though.

"You're not hungry?" she asks me in a perplexed way. Nor does she look convinced in the slightest.

I quickly come up with the excuse that I'm just full from yesterday's dinner instead of having to tell the truth about how terrified I am.

-

"That looks really good, buddy," I encourage Tommy as he draws the wheels of his car. "Don't be too tense about how perfect the circle is, keep a loose wrist."

"Like this?" he questions inquisitively and practically makes his hand go limp.

"Not quite," I laugh, placing my hand gently around his wrist and putting the pencil back on the paper before doing a quick circle.