2. Maximoff?

LUNA's POV

"Lulu, wake up!" I'm awoken rudely by one of my brothers jumping on my bed. It's six in the fucking morning! Why does he have so much energy?

"Get off, Billy," I groan and push him off the bed, causing him to land on his backside.

"Meanie," he says and stands up before smacking me in the face. Why did I get stuck with such a violent brother?

The good thing is that he's only young, meaning he's not that strong so it didn't hurt much.

"Billy! Leave your sister alone," mom scolds, coming to the rescue. He's definitely the least favorite child.

"She pushed me off the bed!" he tries to defend and I smirk slightly under the covers, knowing that mom will stick up for me and not him in this situation.

"Well, you shouldn't have woken her up. Go and get ready for school," she orders and he storms out of the room in a grump. "Hey, sweetheart. I'm gonna get started on making some breakfast now. Come down whenever you're ready, okay?"

"Alright, mama," I reply sleepily and she leans down to kiss my cheek before leaving my room again and shutting the door, making sure to lock it with her powers so Billy can't come back in.

"Psst, hey, kid! Wake up!"

"I don't have to train until four. Go away," I grumble at one of the guards sleepily.

At least, who I thought was a guard. That's until I open my eyes and see that it in fact is not.

"HOLY SHIT!" I yell, my mouth quickly being covered by a cold metal hand.

"It's okay, it's okay. Just, be quiet," this guy tells me before slowly retracting his hand. "We're getting you out of here. Come on," he informs me and signals for me to get up.

I stay frozen where I am on my bed. Well, it's not much of a bed. Really it's just a hard wooden bench with no mattress. I have a paper-thin blanket and a pathetic excuse of a pillow.

"Stark, we don't have all day," another voice says from outside my cell. That's when I turn to see a few others there. One of them's a guy with a bow and arrow, another is a big... green man. Okay. This is normal. Totally normal, right?

But then I turn my head again, and see another woman standing beside them. She must be the one who spoke a moment ago. It was a softer voice.

I can't tell from where, but this redhead looks vaguely familiar. And I haven't encountered many people in my life, so there's a very limited option to choose from.

"Stark, just pick her up!" she whisper-yells as not to wake the guards who are asleep just outside of the cell.

"Pipe down, Maximoff," he says back.

Maximoff? Did he just say Maximoff? How does he know my last name?

"I-I'm sorry?" I apologize, phrasing it as more of a question since I don't recall making any sounds.

"What? I wasn't talking to you," 'Stark' tells me.

Then who the hell was he talking to?

Unless...

No, come on, Luna. Don't be ridiculous.

"Oh my god, Tony, we do not have all night. Get out," the woman tells him, ushering him out of my cell whilst she proceeds to kneel down next to me.

"Hey, sweetheart," she speaks gently, her face growing concerned at my rapid breathing. "We're the Avengers. We're here to save you. Now, listen, we don't have a lot of time. I know you are beyond terrified right now, you probably have little to no trust left, I've been there. I have literally been right here in these walls. But you've got to trust us right now. We have to leave and it's gotta be now."

What she's saying makes sense. It won't be long until the guards are up and realize that there are four complete strangers in here.

But there's one thing she said that doesn't sit right with me. 'I have literally been right here in these walls.'

Did she used to be an experimentee here? How did she get out? How is she...

It all fits.

I wasn't the one who 'Stark' called Maximoff. It was her. It was Wanda.

"Come on, Wanda," the bow and arrow guy tries to hurry her along. That just confirms my suspicion.

With a bit more gentle coaxing, it taking longer since I'm still in shock that my actual mother is standing in front of me, I accept her outstretched hand and start following her out of the cell with my frail legs. They're weak from the lack of food. That, and the merciless amount of beatings I received yesterday for not complying with one of the guards' sexual desires. There's really no room for freedom in this place.

"Wait," I stop walking suddenly, causing all the others to halt and turn to look at me. I quickly disconnect my hand from Wanda's and scurry back into my cell, gathering not all, but some of my favorite drawings I've done over the years.

"We've really gotta go now, honey. Hurry along," Wanda encourages me and I pick up the last of the papers before running back out with them all. There gets to a point where there's a circle of light shining onto the floor, and that's when I look up and see the hole they made in the ceiling to get in earlier.

The three men in front of us are first to lift, or in the metal man's case, fly themselves out of it. It's just me and Wanda left.

"Is it okay if I carry you out? It's just, I can fly and I'm sure you can't-"

"I can fly," I cut her off.

Why wouldn't she know that? She's my mother... she knows I have the same powers as her. Doesn't she?

"Oh. Okay. In that case," she stops her sentence and gestures for me to go up, which I'm about to do, before I pause momentarily.

I take one last look around the place. Every other person they've experimented on has died. Either from the abuse or not being able to handle the amount of magic they withhold. I'm the last one standing. And now I get to go and live my life. Sixteen years too late, may I add.

I'm free.