3. Recognize Me

LUNA's POV

"Alright. Friday, take us back to the Compound," I hear Stark tell... I actually don't know who he's telling. Who's Friday?

Clearly Wanda's taken note of my confused expression as she lets out a little chuckle before saying, "Friday's the AI. Don't worry, it's completely safe."

The jet we're on is huge. It even has a few full-sized bedrooms, one of which Wanda and I are in right now whilst the men are all reporting back to whoever it is they work with.

"I'm gonna shut the door to give us some more privacy, okay?" she informs me, giving me the opportunity to nod before she gets up and closes the door.

"Do you maybe wanna get changed into something else? This is the room I tend to use when we're on missions, so I have some spare clothes in the closet if you want them?" she asks me, given that all I have on is my underwear and a random baggy t-shirt one of the guards handed to me a few months ago. It's all tatty and torn up, but it's just about knee length and provides me at least some decency.

"Uh... s-sure," I respond in a timid manner, making sure to keep my voice quiet in case I accidentally say the wrong thing and she gets mad at me.

She's acting as if she doesn't know who I am. It's making me wonder, does she even recognize me? And if she does, why hasn't she said anything?

"Here." She places a few different options on the bed that I'm sitting on. It's nothing like the bed I had back at that place. This one's soft. Almost too soft. I don't know what to make of it. And the room, the colors are so warm. It's cozy, compared to the dark and damp cell I spent my life in. This is the type of luxury I've never experienced.

"They're all going to be big on you. I'm like double your height and you're very skinny. I'll get you some food ready whilst you're getting changed, okay? I know you're probably starving what with the tiny scraps they feed you there. Just call if you need anything," she says kindly, then moves to leave the room. But just before she reaches for the door handle, I decide to do something impulsive.

"Okay, mom," I mutter quietly, secretly hoping she would hear and say something.

"What was that?" she asks and whips her head around to face me. Why did I do that?

"Wanda. I said 'okay, Wanda'," I quickly lie to make up for my stupidity. Luckily, I got good at covering up lies during my sixteen years with Strucker. Those lies kept me alive.

She gives me one last skeptical look before continuing to leave the room again, shutting the door behind her on her way out.

The clothes she's lended me are all so soft. They look warm too, but then again, anything would be warm compared to this paper-thin tee.

From the selection I have, I choose to try on the joggers and what looks like a sweater with a hood? I'm not sure what that is. My knowledge on certain things is very limited due to the no education I received. I also pick up the pair of fluffy socks that she put there. I never really got to wear socks, only when it was a really cold winter night and even then, the material was just as thin as the t-shirt, if not thinner.

Either way, I quickly strip myself of my current cover, feeling the chill as I do.

Once I'm re-dressed and a lot warmer than I was a moment ago (and the clothes being just as oversized on me as Wanda said) I sit back down on the bed and wait patiently for Wanda to come back. But she's taking a while, and I'm getting bored. So, I decide to start looking around the room. I don't want to invade her privacy, because I've had mine invaded my whole life, but my curiosity gets the better of me.