//32//: Jannah's birthday lunch

Start from the beginning

I rose to my feet as I analysed her. "Not a day less than seventy five."

She darted eyes at me as I rolled my eyes. Mimi  stared at her probably stunned by her choice of outfit. "Normally, girls dress like..what's the perfect word?—-umm girls!" Mimi pointed out.

Jannah shrugged. "What do you want me to wear? A huge Cinderella dress? Please—I'm not like you other girls, I'm Jannah the Viking." She exclaimed ironically.

Truth be told, Jannah has never been one to overreact on choice of clothing neither does she fancy dresses. If you see her wearing dresses or gowns then she was compelled to.

"Well then, Jannah the Viking, let's get going." Kubra said with a groan.

Jannah's mood dampened slightly as the smile she had on was quick to vanish. She scratched the nape of her neck. "About that..."

I know that about that from years back and it's never a good choice of phrase. It always lead to problems. "What?" I threw daggers her way.

"Don't tell me.." Kubra shook her head with a saddened expression.

"You didn't ask the old man for permission did you?" I thundered not so lightly. She slowly shook her head like a lizard. I let out a sigh of frustration as I flung my purse to God knows where.

"You are insane! You know that right? You are very crazy." Kubra spewed.

"I know I am. Why don't we all go and ask for his permission all together? Huh?"

I threw her an infamous glare. "You know we can't stand each other." I didn't even feel ashamed of voicing it out.

"Someone find me!" Mimi exclaimed. I sighed lightly then sat back down the carpet. "Jannah's father is a very overprotective and grumpy old man. Apparently, her and her siblings all fear the man but I have an exception."

"Have you even stayed in a room with him for just five minutes?" Jannah scoffed because her dad was one heck of an intimidating man.

Mimi flipped her fake hair instantly. "I have stayed in a room with Farooq Khaleed for more than an hour. And I'm still alive." She boasted. I stared at her like she just lost it.

Jannah nodded in agreement. "True, he is one intimidating man." I have come to a conclusion that I'm the only person that's unaffected by the man's so-called intimidating and fearful nature. He intimidates me. Yes. I can't deny that. But do I make it obvious? No. I swallow it and replace it with my hardcore expression.

"...and a good looking man." Mimi gushed.

"With blue eyes!"

"It's blue greyish eyes." I cleared my throat looking anywhere but their faces knowing I won't hear the end of it.

"Just a month and some weeks but you've mastered everything about him, huh?" Jannah chuckled which I just shrugged off. He is the last person I wanted to talk about.

After our fight, on the day his friends came over. We've been pretty much ignoring each other. Point of correction, I have been ignoring him considering he's always the one to act oblivious about my presence. I never fail to greet him and prepare food for him though.