Chapter 14

It's been nine days since the Injustice League was taken into custody, and not a single mission has been given to the Team, so they filled their time with training. Ben was currently looking for other villains of his, he'd heard reports of a magic user with a skull tattooed on his face popping up searching for specific magic items, and he'd also heard rumors of men in knight's armor being seen in places all over the world. Either way it appeared to Ben that some of his enemies were coming out of the woodwork having learnt what they could about this new world, or perhaps they had another reason for hiding, whatever it was Ben didn't know. He was pulled from his thoughts by Black Canary saying as she stepped toward the training arena. "Good work, everyone. In fact, it's been a very productive week." This caused the training to stop and Artemis to say. "Yeah, for everyone except kid malingerer." Everyone then looked at Wally, who was sat on a reclined leather Lazy Boy, drinking a pineapple mango smoothie, and in civilian clothes with a cast on his arm. "Hey! Arm broken in combat against the Injustice League here. Besides, Ben's not doing anything." He argued. "Not true. I'm looking for any potential sightings of my enemies. And as for your arm, I could have healed that the day you were injured, but you refused. You said something along the lines of "My mom's gonna spoil me rotten" although I maybe misremembering, you know how bad my memory is." Ben replied. "But, don't you have a perfect memory?" Robin asked. "Yes, yes I do Robin." Black Canary chuckled and said. "I've really enjoyed being your, uh, den mother this week." "We've enjoyed having you too. I can tell you, the extra combat training helped." Ben told her. Just then the holo-computer Ben was working at beeped capturing Ben's attention. When he checked what was going on, he saw that he managed to get a bead on Dr. Animo's location. Just as he was about to say something, the computerized voice echoed throughout the Cave. [Recognized: Zatara 1-1.] Then a well-dressed gentleman walked into the Cave and as the Zeta Tube whirring slowed, he opened the holographic panel nearby and entered a few numbers. The computerized voice then said. [Access Granted: Zatanna, Zatara A-0-3. Authorization: Zatara, 1-1.] Then a girl walked through the Zeta Tube, she wore a white button up shirt with a black bolo tie, black cardigan, black skirt, and black shoes. "Zatanna, this is the Team. Team, my daughter, Zatanna." Zatara said to everyone introducing us. 

As she stepped forward, she held herself as though she felt uncomfortable. "Hi, I'm-" M'Gann began to say only for Robin to not only jump in front of her and cut off her physical advance to introduce herself but shouted, cutting her off vocally. "ROBIN! *ahem* I mean, I'm Robin. Heh. She's Megan, and that's Wally, Artemis, Kaldur, Connor, and... Guys where did Ben go?" Robin asked. Everyone turned around and noticed that Ben had left the Cave. "He was just here!" Artemis shouted. Meanwhile, Zatara and Black Canary were reading a something from the transforming teen. "Should he really be doing this on his own?" Zatara whispered. "He knows this Dr. Animo, and he's faced him before. He knows what he's doing." Black Canary whispered back. "I'll trust you." Zatara said. After leaving Ben had Ship turn into his Anterian Obliterator mode

 After leaving Ben had Ship turn into his Anterian Obliterator mode

"SHIIIIIP!" Ship boomed. "Yeah, yeah. I know. I'll make it up to them." "SHIIP! SHIIIIIIP!" Ship echoed as he flew off. "Ship. I don't need your sass right now. And besides knowing the Team, M'Gann and Artemis are likely to get into something that's even more dangerous than what I'm doing." Ben told Ship. "SHIIIIIIP." Ship responded. "Ok, look the ENTIRE TEAM is danger prone. And I know you agree with me because you were the one who pointed it out to me." Ben told him. "SHIIIP." Ship said. Ben sighed and said. "OK, SEE WHAT I MEAN? You half agreed and then you somehow blamed me for something else to change the topic!" "SHIIIIIIIP." Ship told Ben. "Shit, you're right it worked. OK, how about this? I bet that they'll do something even dumber than what I'm doing. AND KEEP IN MIND, I've fought Animo before. I wouldn't want to bring them along to face him. Granted I'd rather have them with me to face Animo than Vilgax. *SIGH* Anyway, off to Africa. Gotta stop the mad doc." Ben said. And Ship flew off toward The Congo Basin. Upon landing in a secluded spot, he had Ship fly away in case there are people nearby. "Alright, Animo I'm coming for you." Ben said with enthusiasm. After a few seconds Ben's shoulders fell and added. "Did I seriously just say that? God, hanging with people who practically jumped out of a modern-day comic book is really messing with me. Besides, I don't even know where to start! And the Congo is HUGE! UGH, I didn't think this through enough I just jumped at a chance to find him." Ben said to himself. He then looked around and noticed a familiar large imprint. He ran over and smiled as he looked at the direction it was pointing. "Well that's telling." Ben said. He then activated the Omnitrix and dialed up his best tracker, and after slamming the dial down and a green light enveloped him after it died down, he was his Vulpimancer form Wildmutt.