THE FINAL - THE END

Start from the beginning

His insanity won't end. You have to put an end to it.

But how?

You look around frantically, trying to find a solution while Taehyung and Yoongi are still wrestling each other, buying you time.

The car.

You look at the car Taehyung came out of, the door is open and you see the keys are still in the ignition.

You run up to the car, enter through the driver's side, and slam the door close once you're inside.

At the sound of the door closing, Taehyung and Yoongi turn their heads to look at you, immediately stopping their fight.

Taehyung smiles faintly, thinking you will finally run away, but Yoongi has panic written all over his face.

Yoongi runs toward the car, but the moment he gets close you hit the button that will lock the doors.

He starts pulling at the handle. "Y/N, open the door!" he shouts.

You quickly turn the key in the ignition, starting the engine and the car goes forward in a quick motion. 

You make a U-turn at the end of the parking lot. The car now faces both Taehyung and Yoongi from about 100 meters (328 feet) and they both look like deers in the headlights.

You hit the gas and the wheels start turning aggressively. Then, the car starts charging forward. 

Taehyung and Yoongi still just stand there. You don't necessarily intend to hurt Taehyung but if he is in the way, so be it. This might be your last chance to end it all.

The distance to the two quickly halved and Taehyung realizes what you are up to. He quickly jumps out of the way. 

But Yoongi... Yoongi doesn't. Yoongi stays put. 

He probably doesn't think that you will actually do it. Understandable after you always hesitated to hurt him. But you won't hesitate this time.

 You are completely out of it. You are beyond salvation.

These words repeat in your head as the distance is closing in. The tires still screaming against the asphalt.

And then, there is a loud bang sound and you feel the recoil and immediately hit the break.

"Y/N!" you hear Teahyung shout.

You hit Yoongi frontal with the car. You are still sitting behind the steering wheel, trying to process what you just did. You can't see Yoongi who is probably lying on the floor.

You turn off the engine and slowly get out of the car.

You walk to the front of the car and, indeed Yoongi is lying on the floor, unmoving.

Taehyung runs up and kneels next to Yoongi. He holds his hand in front of Yoongi's mouth which was slightly open.

"He is still breathing," he whispers.

You see the knife on the ground right next to Yoongi's unconscious body. You lean down and grab it.

Taehyung says, "Y/N, no."

The only thing leaving your lips is, "Huh?"

"I will do it. You don't have to do this."

"Taehyung, I-" you mumble.

He holds out his hand, signaling you to hand him the knife.

You hesitate but eventually give him. You give Taehyung the knife and he kneels back down next to Yoongi.

He holds the knife tightly in his hand and whispers, "I'm sorry it had to come to this, mate. But there is no other way for this to end."

The second he finishes the sentence, he rams the knife down into Yoongi's torso and you quickly turn around, not wanting to witness the bloody mess.

Suddenly, you hear sirens and blue light that illuminates the night. It's the police that the hospital staff called.

Taehyung and you both quickly look in that direction. 

"Y/N, run," Taehyung says.

"B-But what about you?" you ask nervously.

Taehyung sighs and replies, "I will take responsibility for what it did. But you, you were a victim all this time. So, I'm begging you, run."

The police cars are getting closer and closer.

You begin, "Taehyung, I-", but Taehyung interrupts you, "RUN!"

Your eyes widen and a single tear rolls down your cheek, and a second later, you turn around and start running, not saying another thing.

You run and run. But, before you get too far away, you turn around one more time, seeing Taehyung getting arrested by the police. Quickly, you continue running. You are not sure where to run from here, but it doesn't matter as long as you get as far away as possible, starting a new life.

It's over. It's finally over. 

No more running. No more hiding. No more fearing for your life. It's over. The years of terror are finally over.

Tears are running down your face and your breath hitches as you run far away from the crime scene.

You are finally free, so why are you crying? It's over.

It's over...

Yoongi is dead. 

~The End~

_________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry, it took me so long to write the final chapter. It felt weird ending this fanfic. I started this fanfic almost 6 years ago now. I started back in 2018 and now it's 2024. It's crazy. A lot happened in my life since I started writing this and I think this also goes for a lot of my readers and I must say, thank you to all of you.

It sounds odd but I would consider this fanfic one of my most important projects in life and I have met a lot of amazing people thanks to this, including my best friend. She was my reader back in 2018 and then we went to a BTS concert together in that year and we became besties and still are. 

So, this fanfic is so important to me on so many levels. And, I thank you all for your support even though I took so many breaks from writing it. Without the support of you all, I would have never gotten this far and made these great experiences. 

I know this ending isn't what a lot of people hoped for, but considering how Yoongi had so far escaped all consequences and always came back to Y/N, I thought this was the only logical ending.

I still write fanfics, but I am mainly on AO3 now and I started writing Jujutsu Kaisen fanfics. If you are interested in that, feel free to check it out. My username on there is "yanJ"

I might add the new stories to Wattpad as well, if people are interested :)

Once again, thank you all for reading. This was such an important journey for me and I am thankful to each and every one of you.

- yanJ