November 27- Aster Has A Realization And Decides To Share It

Hey all, Aster here! Sorry for interrupting AYLJW yet again, but something has come to my attention and I need to address it.

I forgot that there are some people, out there in the world, who don't know what being nonbinary and/or trans is.

So. A brief explanation from me, then we interview Storm, who is nonbinary!

Nonbinary means that you are not a girl or a boy. There are many genders in the nonbinary spectrum, such as genderfluid, demigirl, pangender, ect, which I am not going to go into at the moment because there are so many!

Yes, being nonbinary is a real, possible and valid thing.

Yes, I get that some people don't get it/never will get it, and that sucks.

But to all the oblivious people out there: we do exist. And a lot of you may ask, "Why are you nonbinary/trans?"

Well, the truth is, we don't need to justify your opinions. We don't need to explain ourselves to you. We don't need to be anyone but ourselves.

Why are you you?

It's the same for us nonbinary/trans folks.

Sometimes, you will say hurtful things to the nonbinary/trans community without realizing it. Yes, it's embarrassing, but the best thing to do in those situations is to correct your mistake and apologize.

To the LGBTQIAP2S+ community: I apologize for forgetting this vital fact. It needed to be addressed sooner, and I am sorry I didn't. I hope you'll forgive me.

Now, we interview Storm!

*start*

Me: Hi! Can you please tell us your name, pronouns and gender?

Storm: Hi, I'm Storm! My pronouns are they/them and I am nonbinary.

Me: Cool! Can you tell us about your hobbies?

Storm: I enjoy getting together with the Gay Dragons of Pyrriha Association (GDPA), spending time with my wife and daughter, and teasing the Jade Winglet.

Me: Ooo, tell us about your family!

Storm: I'm pansexual and my wife is skoliosexual. We have a daughter named Holly. I have a SilkWing cousin named Lis and her joyfriend Leafy has a daughter called Asteroid who's a little older than Holly.

Me: Can you explain what "skoliosexual" is?

Storm: Oh, that's being attracted to nonbinary people. Like me!

Me: Awesome! And what's "joyfriend"?

Storm: It's the gender-neutral version of "girlfriend" or "boyfriend".

Me: Cool cool cool! Well, thanks for joining us, Storm!

Storm: My pleasure!

*end*

And that's it for now. Cya! <3

-Aster