too cliché prt2

the sharp, bitter, ice cold of the river felt like hot knives being driven into me all over my skin. the cold shock wasn't like any feeling i've ever experienced.

i clawed desperately for the surface but something was weighing me down. i felt something pulling on my waist, and my leg. i had grabbed hold of a branch and I used all of my strength to pull myself back to the surface.

leo's outstretched hand was the first thing i saw, he had immediately run in after me. i gripped his hand and he tried helping me out but it was no use. something had wrapped around my foot, and was pulling me down. i felt faint already, but i wasn't about to give up. a sharp pain scraped against my ribs, it stung like nothing i had ever felt.

my head was pulled underwater again, deeper this time. the sharp pain of cold water filling my lungs burned into me. the only warmth i felt was leo's hand in mine, pulling me to the surface. i broke the surface and gasped for air.

then i went right back under. i looked into the murky water and i saw two green eyes, and i could make out something around my shoe. i kicked and kicked and after a couple violent shakes i had kicked something in the face, and it retreated. i shot up to the surface again, i could barley see.

i couldn't stop coughing. leo helped me out of the water, he dragged me to the other side . my shoes sunk into the mud with each step closer. he put one of my arms around his shoulders and sat me down on a rock.

my vision was still blurry, my ears were ringing, all i could feel was ice hot pain. i heard leo say something but i couldn't make it out, "what?" i asked softly. my skin felt red and raw. i was so disoriented, the wind on my face felt like it was scraping against my skin.

leo was staring at me, "you ok?" leo asked, he had a panicked look on his face.

my head lulled to the side, "mhm" i tried smiling. i coughed up more water.

leo shook his head, "gods y/n" he said as he scrambled to pull a bag of ambrosia from his backpack, "dude, that river naiad was a bitch" leo fed me half an ambrosia square, "c'mere, how do you feel?" he wiped the river muck off my face, fussing over everything.

I softly laughed before coughing again "just peachy" i said through chattering teeth. i coughed up even more water after talking. my sinuses burned, water was still coming out of my nose.

leo looked at me, "ok we've gotta go warm you up, and get some bandages on you quick"

i tried to pause my coughing fit, "no, i'm fine" i said, "just a little wet", followed by more coughing.

leo scoffed, "bullshit" he said, "you almost drowned y/n"

i blushed, "it wasn't that bad"

leo shook his head, "c'mon" he said softly

i couldn't meet his eyes anymore. i began to regain feelings in my limbs. my arms stung bad.

leo took my shaking hands in his, he cupped them, trying to warm me up. a stream of bright red blood leaked from under my sleeve and down my palm, into leo's hand.

"shit" leo whispered

i reluctantly pulled up my sleeve. i pulled my coat sleeve up away from my wrist, the blood had begun to soak through my shirt.

"oh fuck another one?" i winced, there were long scratch marks up my arm, puffy and red. the gash went from my wrist, to halfway up my forearm. i hadn't even felt it until i looked at it.

great, it goes perfectly with all my other scars, i thought to myself.

"i guess my sleeve came up and i scratched it on the branch i grabbed" i said softly, it stung, but everywhere else on my body stung too.

there was a surge of energy in my body, the ambrosia was working. the warmth was beginning to come back to my body but not for long. i was beginning to feel woozy.

he quickly wrapped my wrist up in gauze, taped it up with a pokémon band-aid and gave me a half hearted smile. "well dr. leo has worked magic once again" he said, clapping off his hands. i smiled in response, i rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath.

my backpack felt lighter...i turned around and my whole bedroll was gone. completely gone. it had been pulled off my backpack, it hadn't even floated to the top. its gone. I'd messed up again.

i felt anger boil into my throat, but i just wanted to cry, "fuck, that thing took my bed leo" i complained, putting my head in my hands. i couldn't look him in the eyes. i just feel stupid.

A warm tear rolled down my cheek and my face turned red, I can't be crying right now, I can't let him see me cry, is all i could think. But I wasn't crying over the bed, I wasn't crying over the cold, and i wasn't crying over my cuts, I was crying for absolutely no reason.

I cursed myself, "I'm sorry" I apologized with a little laugh, "sorry" i said even softer

Leo looked at me confused, "woah, you don't have anything to be sorry for, that wasn't your fault sunshine" he reassured

"I don't know, I feel bad" I said, my face still buried in my gloves. i prayed he couldn't tell i had cried.

Leos voice was soft, "shit, hey, it's okay y/n" he said, "we still have a tent, seriously, not a big deal"

he produced the square of ambrosia from a plastic bag, "hey" he whispered, his voice was gravelly, and sounded perfect at a whisper.

i lifted my head up, my wet hat covered my eyes and i smiled, leo softly laughed, "here" he said as he fed me the other half of the ambrosia square. he fixed my hat and gave me a smile. his fiery amber eyes locked with mine. 

the warmth of the ambrosia helped for a second, but didn't do too much. i stood up off the rock, i wobbled a bit but quickly steadied myself. i didn't want leo thinking i cant take care of myself. he tried helping me for a second but quickly backed off. i've been taking care of myself since i was like 5, and now i had cried over getting a little wet. i feel pathetic.

my hands felt cold and raw, and the wet clothes clinging to me stung my skin. it was getting dark out now, which was not helping the situation.

leo looked around, "yeah let's go set up camp" leo's pants and shoes were soaked up to his thighs.

we climbed the rocks up to the forrest floor again, and walked until we found a suitable place to set up camp. my boots squelched with every step.

leo put down his backpack on a tree stump and surveyed the area. leo's clothes were already dry, i guess since he's got fire powers and stuff his clothes dried quickly.

i took off my soaked winter coat and set it on a rock. my long sleeve shirt and flannel were still sopping wet, the cold wet clothing burned my skin.

leo pulled the tent out of his bag and set it on the ground, it set itself right up. a silver tent, nothing too big, it could fit three people comfortably. leo turned to me, "alright c'mere"

A look of confusion crossed my face as he walked toward me.

"Lemme get that" Leo said, stripping off my flannel. he laid it out next to my coat. 

i smiled, "Leo, you really don't have to-"

"let me do this" he interrupted, "just sit down and i'll fix you up girl" leo said with a smile "you're gonna catch a cold or somethin- gods i sound like a mother" we both laughed.

the sun was nearly set, and i could already see the stars. leo pulled an old blanket from his bag and set it on the forrest floor next to a tree. he bowed and ushered me to the blanket, i smiled "so courteous" i said as i sat down.

instead of sitting down next to me leo cleared a space in front of me, getting rid of sticks and leaves. i watched in confusion.

he settled down in the middle of the clearing, sitting with his legs crossed.

"alright i'm gonna cheer you up, watch this" he said softly.