contact

this one is a little sad. lol.

—————

finally, you thought to yourself as you pushed open your creaky cabin door, finally you could rest.

you were sore and tired and just wanted to pass out in your bed. today had been the chariot races and you had been hit by a flying wheel.

you plopped down on your bed and hurled your backpack over next to you. your siblings were filing into the cabin, getting ready to sleep.

you rifled through your backpack, searching for your weapon, and your book. all that was there a water bottle a hoodie and some ambrosia. you cursed yourself under your breath.

you sighed, after you got out of the infirmary you had immediately visited leo in the bunker. of course you did, it was your routine.

you had hung out in the bunker and read on the couch for a bit, helping leo with some projects. as you left you must have forgotten your things on the coffee table.

you glanced at the clock behind you, you still had time to make a quick trip before curfew. you slung your backpack over your shoulder and pushed out the door.

———

as you reached the bunker, you heard a loud metallic bang from inside. a look of confusion crossed your face as you punched in the code for the lock, the bunker should be empty by now.

the metal door creaked open and you stepped inside. the bunker was dark but you could see leo sitting on the old couch, he jumped as you walked in. the only light in the bunker was coming from the bright fires of the forge, so you couldn't make out much.

you glanced back up at leo after putting your bag down as he frantically wiped his face. you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

you tried focusing your eyes better and you caught a glimpse of his teary eyes. you felt your heart sink immediately.

you had never ever seen leo cry, you'd never actually seen him be serious in general.

"leo?" you called, when he didn't say anything you started to walk over to him. had he really been crying?

you rushed over to leo with a look of concern, your mind was racing. he knew you had seen him.

by the time you got close enough to him it was as if he had been fine, with a forced smile on his face. "..hey sunshine..fancy meeting you here" he said confidently, but you could hear his voice waver. he was twirling a wrench between his fingers, and drumming on his knee with the other hand.

you sat down on the couch next to him, "uh, you good?" you cursed yourself for being so awkward. obviously leo wasn't okay, he still had marks from tears running down his face.

"of course!" leo said, he sniffled, immediately giving him away.

"um, leo, are you sure you're fine?" you asked softly.

leo pushed back his dark hair, "come on, i'm fine as hell y/n, and you know it" he said jokingly as he flashed you a smirk.

you smiled but you couldn't just let this go, "leo, come on, seriously" you asked again, trying to sound stern, but it came off as desperate.

leo's signature smirk disappeared "look, ...y/n ...whatever you think you saw.." his voice trailed off, "hey, i'm fine" he repeated

your eyebrows furrowed, "leo.." you said in a more somber tone.

he didn't answer, "it's cool. i'm good" he assured, you began to protest but he stopped you, he grew quiet "really it's just i- i didn't really want you to see- uh....sorry" leo weakly laughed "please just ignore it, i'm cool, seriously, i'd rather you not bring it up" he said, his voice shaking just a bit, his hand rubbed the back of his neck.