below deck (fluff)

the stars rippled above you as the Argo 2 sailed though the cold under the night sky. the moon illuminated the deck, where you sat, staring up at the bright stars. you were the only one awake late at night on the argo 2, as least as far as you knew.

everyone else had gone to bed hours ago by coach hedge's orders. soon after curfew you had snuck out to go sit out on the deck and stargaze. you couldn't sleep anyway.

you liked coming out and sitting by the edge of the deck and feeling the gentle rocking of the ship, even though it wasn't in the ocean at the moment. the stars were so prominent this high up and you could make out all the consolations, and the ocean far below was so dark and eerie. you loved it.

you had just begun reading one of the many books you had brought along on the quest when you heard one of the doors from under the deck creak open. you ducked behind a spool of rope in fear that coach hedge had moved from his watch post.

you silently watched as leo valdez glumly walked out and went through another door towards the stables.

you didn't know leo that well, you had lessons with him at camp occasionally but that was the extent of your relationship. even from just talking to him in metal shop, you thought he was pretty cool.

as soon as leo had arrived at camp you wanted to befriend him, but he was sent on a quest almost immediately so you didn't think he remembered much about you. on his first day at camp you had been in arts and crafts and leo spent the whole lesson talking to you.

when you had told piper you thought you might like him she told you to make a move because leo would definitely like you back, but you had doubts.

you wanted to follow him to see if he was okay, but you held back. you didn't want make leo uncomfortable.

sympathy won you over, so you decided to quietly step across the deck to the door leo had left open.

just to check on him, not in a creepy way at all! as you closed the door you could see leo sitting on the glass bottom of the stables, looking down at the ocean.

leo heard the door click closed and he jumped, when he saw you a smile spread on his face replacing the former solemn expression, "uh hey y/n, you come here to eat the horse food too?"

you laughed, "yeah i'm a big fan" you said walking over to him, "it's also impossible for me to sleep right now"

"join the club!" he said patting the space next to him, "but who needs sleep right?!? fuck em!!!" leo said jokingly, followed by a yawn.

you laughed, "my room is also next to coach hedge's and i can hear him blasting his mixed martial arts tapes, it's torture" you said as you sat down next to him on the glass.

"oh gods that sounds pretty bad, can you hear him practicing his moves?"

"yes i can, he nearly punched a hole through the wall, i might just ask piper if i can sleep in her bed" you replied

leo laughed, "makes sense...dude i feel like i haven't talked to you since camp, and we left like 4 days ago" leo said

"you remember me from camp? i only got to talk to you for a little bit" you said smiling

"of course i remember you! you were the coolest person i met during my short period of camp time before the quest" he said smiling.

you smiled,"yeah, i would've been there when you guys had gotten back but i was forced to go to this boring boarding school and i couldn't be there"

"i know, i asked chrion" leo said. you blushed, it was quiet for a split second, "sorry that sounded creepy" leo said with a laugh. before you could say anything else he started talking again to ease the awkwardness,"so what could've possibly brought you to the stables at this hour y/n" leo asked turning to you.