Epilogue

"Dan? Can I sleep in your room? The thunder is scaring me." Anthony asked standing at my room door. "Yeah of course" I said moving my things aside making room for him. He crawled up on the bed and laid down, I put the blanket over him to make sure he's warm enough. "Dan? Are you okay?" He asked. "The funeral is tomorrow, I just need to get through that and I'll be fine" I sighed looking at the ceiling. I was broken, I felt like a part of me was gone, but I was holding on and it was because of these kids. "You said the funeral will be small, how come?" Anthony was really full of questions, which was no surprise, I remember whenever he couldn't sleep and he was staying over he would ask a lot of questions. "Phil wanted a small funeral that's why, so it'll be us, his doctor and his nurse." I explained. "So, what will you do now? Like how will you spend the day?" He asked. "Well I'll be taking care of you kids and also I think I'll get more involved in my mother's wedding planning business, she left it behind for me. I never go there but I am the boss and I'm going to start getting more involved." I said. A loud clash of thunder caused me to jump a bit, Anthony quickly hugged onto me and hid under the blanket, I looked up at Callie's crib and saw she was still fast asleep. "Hey I'll be back in a second, I need to check up on Brandon." I whispered. I got up and checked on Brandon who was also fast asleep, that kid could sleep through anything. I walked back to my room and heard tiny sobs from Anthony. "Hey what's the matter?" I asked laying back down. "I-I don't like the thunder.." He sobbed hugging onto me. "Sshh its okay, I'm here" I whispered kissing his forehead, he calmed down soon. "Dan? Does this mean you're my dad now?" He asked. "Yeah, I guess I am. If yoi see me as your parent." I smiled. I had to fill out the papers, but I was their legal guardian now. "You know I always said I wish you were my dad. Can I call you dad?" He asked. "Of course you can." I smiled, this time a real smile. These kids will the reason for me to hold on and get my life together.

His funeral was small like he wanted with me, the kids, and his nurse and doctor. To my surprise Philip had showed up. After the funeral I talked to the doctor and nurse and then made my way to talk to Philip. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I might hate you, but Phil was a good guy and he was under my care." He said plainly. I shifted Callie in my arm holding her close to me to keep myself calm. "What did I ever do to make you hate me so much? You can't believe everything Ryan said he's lying to you." I said. "I do believe him, and who I'm with isn't your business. You haven't given me any reason to like you." He said. Everything about this guy confused me, I don't get what's his problem with me and the fact that he was seeing a crazy man and didn't believe me about him. "Know what, I don't have to give you a reason to like me, I could care less if you like me or hate me." I said coldly. "Oh really? I bet you have a crush on me, I look like Phil don't I? The only different things are our last names and I'm American." He smirked. I held Callie closer to me to keep myself from hitting him. "Get over yourself. I'm not one bit attracted to you, you might look like my dead husband but I do not like you. He was kindhearted, you're just an ass." I said before walking off. I got Brandon and Anthony and went home. They were my concern now, not Philip. I had my kids, they were all I needed now, they will be the reason for me to get through this difficult time and prevent me from doing something stupid. They'll help me start over.

.
.
.
.
.
A/N: Aaaaaaand done! Okay so I did start a sequel but I wasn't happy with it and wanted to rewrite it and I will do that soon I promise :)