Chapter 28

-3 weeks later-

*Dan's POV*

The night before my court date I was freaking out, I was tossing and turning in bed having a difficult time falling asleep, I don't know why I was so nervous I mean this isn't a serious trial its just to clear things that's all but I couldn't help but be terrified.
I woke up quite early the next morning saying I slept really late, it was 9 am and I didn't have to be there until 3. Phil was still asleep so I got up and freshened up a bit and headed downstairs to feed the kitten, looking at the time an hour had passed and assuming that Phil is probably awake by now as usual I went upstairs but he wasn't awake or at least I think he wasn't. "Phil? Its time to wake up" I whispered moving his hair from his face, he just groaned and opened his eyes "Are you okay babe?" I asked worried, he didn't seem himself this morning "I don't feel well.." He muttered closing his eyes again, I put my hand on his forehead he was warm "I think you might have a fever, let me get a thermometer to make sure" I said pulling it out from the drawer, he definitely had a fever, I can't just leave him alone at home especially because of the condition he's already in. "Yup you have a fever, you're staying in bed and I'm taking care of you" I ordered tucking him in and heading down to the kitchen to get something to eat for him after debating for a while I decided to bring cereal up for him. Setting it aside on the table I helped him sit up "My entire body is aching.." He groaned "You need to eat something before I can give you any medicines babe" I said holding the spoon up to his mouth, he ate the cereal without complaining and then his medicine.
I should really inform my lawyer about what's going on there's no way I'm leaving Phil alone. I pulled out my phone and sent her a quick text "Phil isn't well, I can't leave him I need to take care of him. I'm sorry" I set my phone to the side and turned the volume down so I didn't have to deal with her constantly calling because I honestly didn't give a fuck all I care about is Phil, I'll deal with whatever later.
I got into bed putting the blanket over the both of us and pulled him closer to me "Don't you have your trial today?" He asked "Don't worry I dealt with it, I'm staying home to take care of you" I whispered as he snuggled closer to me. Whatever the consequence is, I'll take it.