Chapter 26

*Phil's POV*

"I'm so bored" Dan whined falling onto the couch next to me "Watch tv or something" I said not once looking up from the book I was reading, I was actually really enjoying the book and didn't want to put it down. "Put the book down you nerd" he joked poking me but I kept my eyes glued on the pages "Babe put the page down and pay attention to me" he pouted resting his head on my lap hoping to get my attention, I held the book with one hand and stroked Dan's cheek with the other giving him some attention keeping my eyes on the book. "You know you look gorgeous with your glasses, you should wear them more" he said reaching up to adjust my glasses, I gave him a small smile before going back to reading. "Phiiill" he whined again, it was kind of funny seeing him react this way I wasn't trying to torture him with boredom I was just really into the book. "Phil you idiot stop ignoring me" he said now sitting on my lap straddling me and nuzzling my neck, I gave him a bit of attention running my finger up and down his arm while reading, that not being enough for him he starts licking my neck. "Dan! That's gross" I said finally putting the book aside, he looked up giving me an innocent look "So now you decide to put the book aside?" He asked this time licking my cheek "Eww stop licking me that's gross" I laughed wiping my cheek "You've never told me to stop before" he said winking making me blush "Funny now get off my lap I want to continue reading the book" I pouted "No I like it here and now you have to pay attention to me instead of that book" he said rubbing his nose against my neck making it tickle "Okay okay you have my attention" I giggled, before cupping his cheeks and kissing him passionately. He instantly kissed me back and bit my bottom lip pulling it gently then making his way down to my neck biting and sucking at a spot.
"Oh um sorry is this a bad time.." We look up to see Emily standing at the other side of the room awkwardly blushing with Anthony who had his eyes covered but was laughing. Dan got off my lap quickly his cheek were turning bright pink I could feel mine do the same. "Your front door was open.. Sorry again" she apologized laughing awkwardly "Umm .. So what's up?" I asked trying to brush off the awkwardness, I mean its not like we were having sex but it was still really awkward to have your friend walk in on you making out. "Right, so um I have a couple of doctor appointments and I was called into work, I was going to call for a baby sitter but Anthony said he wanted to spend time with you two" she explained "That's fine with us" Dan smiled as Anthony came up to hug us both. "Thank you I really appreciate this, I'll let you know when I'll be free" Emily smiled before leaving.

*Dan's POV*

The rest of the day was really fun, we had a great time playing with Anthony like we always do, Emily messaged saying that her boss is making her stay a little late since she had to go to her doctors appointment first. We all were pretty exhausted now sat on the couch with Anthony sitting in my lap after dinner. "Are you sleepy?" I asked him "A little bit" he yawned "Do your glasses help you see better than your contacts? And are you better?" He asked Phil "My sight is fine today, it gets weird sometimes with both my contacts and glasses but I'm okay" Phil smiled. Anthony put his hand over his mouth letting out a big yawn snuggling close to me "Go to sleep buddy its getting late" I whispered keeping my arm around him as he drifted off to sleep, I felt really sleepy too and was considering closing my eyes for a bit so I pulled out my phone and texted Emily "There's a spare key under the matt on the front porch in case I fall asleep x" I pressed send and then noticed a text from my lawyer from a few minutes ago "So my next court date is three weeks from today" I told Phil "That's plenty of time" he whispered resting his head on my shoulder. This time I won't miss it, I am not going to mess anything up and get time taken away from Phil. But thinking about it made me nervous so I focused on Phil fast asleep with his head on my shoulder and Anthony who was fast asleep in my arms, they just made me feel so safe and happy right now, and sleepy.