Chapter 3

*Dan's POV*

The entire night I laid in bed wide awake staring at the ceiling thinking about what I happened. I kissed Phil and he kissed back and then it turned into a proper make out session which lasted I don't know how long. I kept thinking about what we are, we kissed but we didn't talk about it afterwards, I need to talk to him about this in the morning. The next morning I woke up first, I was in the kitchen making breakfast when Phil walked in "Good morning" he said quietly, smiling "Morning, I made breakfast would you like anything?" I asked but he looked down "I'll probably just throw it up, plus I'm only allowed healthy food" he sighed "I made healthy food too Phil, don't worry" I assured him "I'd probably throw that up too" he said quietly looking down, I looked at him concerned "I have trouble keeping food down, I guess its just a side effect from too many medicines and treatments and the cancer and all" he explained. "Phil you need and try to keep it down" I said softly "its important you eat you look so thin" I put my hand on his face and stroked his cheek, he looked at my hand "Try for me please?" I said softly and he nodded "Okay just a bit" he said, I don't know why but I hugged him, he was really thin "Phil I can feel your ribs, you really need to eat" I said shocked. I watched him as he ate "I feel ill already" he groaned "Just eat please you can do it" I said softly. I kept my eyes on him to make sure he ate, I kept thinking about what I wanted to talk to him about "what's on your mind?" He asked "Nothing" I responded quick "Its something Dan, tell me" he said pouting I took a deep breath, I'm just going to say this straight forward "I was thinking about what happened between us yesterday, we both liked it but we didn't talk about it after" I said looking down "Oh.." That didn't sound good, he sounded unsure "Phil? What are we? Are we together?" I asked he just stared at me "What do you think we are?" He asked me "I-I don't know, I guess we're together?" I said "You sound unsure" he frowned looking down "No no, its just I'd think we are together but I don't know what you think" I said softly. He looked me then kissed me softly and quickly then smiled at me "So we're together" I smiled "Most definitely" he said. I leaned in to kiss him again but was interrupted by the door knocking "I'll get it" I said walking out of the kitchen. I opened the front door, I froze in shock, it was my dad. "What are you doing here?" I asked coldly "A father can't visit his son in their house?" He said in a fake nice tone "I don't have time for you" I tried closing the door but he stopped me "Im here to do some collecting, I need money and you're giving it to me" he said forcing the door open and coming inside "I'm not giving you anything" I said bitterly "You're going to reject giving money to your father?" He said trying to sound shocked "A father who treated me like crap. Get a job and make your own money" he gave me a death stare "You're rich, give me the money I need" he said sternly "Fuck no!" I said raising my voice. "Dan? Everything okay?" Phil asked concerned "Go back inside Phil, I'll be back in a second" I said to him "Who's this?" My dad asked walking towards Phil I quickly walked past him and stood in front of Phil so he wouldn't try hurting him "Not your concern" I said coldly "Ah I get it he's your boyfriend" my dad smirked "Yes he's my boyfriend. And you need to get the fuck out of my house you're not getting any money" I said sternly "Now you can either listen and give me the money or I can force it out using your boyfriend here" he said sternly walking towards us, I pushed him back with full force, I know what I brought upon on myself but I am not about to let him threaten or hurt Phil. He angrily got up and punched me in the face, hard. I fell back to the ground "No one is here to stop me" he said kicking me hard in the stomach, I felt the shooting pain but I didn't cry or scream I'm not giving him the satisfaction "Are you crazy!? Get off him!" Phil yelled "I will not hesitate turning you in" he stopped kicking me and moved back "I'll be back" he muttered and then left slamming the door. Yup my father is crazy and horrible, I sat up in pain clutching onto my side, my eye was throbbing, it was awful. I almost forgot what that felt like.

*Phil's POV*

I quickly locked the door and then ran to Dan's side he was sitting up clutching his side "are you okay?" I asked stroking his cheek, he had a black eye it wasn't so bad though. "I'm okay, don't worry, I'm sorry you had to see that" he whispered getting up, I gave him support so he could stand up "Its fine Phil I can get up" he said "Go sit down I'll get ice for you" I whispered going back to the kitchen I got a zip lock bag and ice cubes. I sat next to Dan and gently placed the bag of ice over his eye, he lifted his shirt a bit revealing bruises on his side "That's not a nice sight is it" he sighed "Are you sure youre okay Dan?" I asked I was really concerned it was a horrible beating he took "I'm okay Phil, I should be asking if you're okay" he said taking the bag of ice from me I looked down "I'm fine,let's just focus on you okay?" I whispered, he didn't deserve that. "Phil, look at me" Dan whispered, I looked up at him before I could say anything or ask what he kissed me softly. "Dan? Is it possible that I love you already?" I whispered "I do believe in love at first sight" he said softly "But..do you love me?" I asked nervously, he put his hand on my cheek "I loved you since the day I first laid my eyes on you" he whispered kissing my forehead. I smiled at him I could feel my face turning pink. Dan softly kissed my neck, he gently bit and kissed at a spot on my neck in a loving way leaving a mark. "I want to take you to get more clothes, some place like givenchy" he said softly "I'm not really a fancy person Dan" I laughed "Too bad I'm still taking you" he kissed my neck again "But I like regular t-shirts and jeans more rather than expensive and fancy" I explained "You deserve the best Phil" he whispered wrapping his arms around me "Dan I don't want you spending money on me" I sighed "Too bad, you're my boyfriend and I will" he said pecking my lips "But still.." I sighed "I'm going to spoil you" he said cutely "No Dan, I really don't want you spending money on me" I pouted, he kissed me to shut me up "Stop complaining, im going to take care of okay" he said, I sighed and snuggled close to him. "Dan if I show you something, promise you won't get creeped out?" I asked and he nodded looking concerned, I took a deep breath and unbuttoned my shirt revealing a huge scar on my chest, he reached over and touched it "How did you get it?" He asked softly "Surgery, I had to get a part of my lung removed because of the cancer" I explained "Now I'm left with this ugly scar" I sighed. "no its not ugly, this scar proves how strong you are how you're a true fighter" he said softly running his hand down my scar,he then kissed it softly and then kissed my lips  "You're a really brave and strong person Phil,you're amazing. Don't you ever forget that" he whispered holding me close.