Chapter 29

*Dan's POV*

My lawyer is going to kill me, I checked my phone the next day and I had so many missed calls and texts from her where she was even swearing at me and even not so friendly voice mails; how professional. Honestly I can deal with whatever it is I have to deal with now, my first priority was taking care of Phil who was feeling much better now, not totally fine but much better. "Your fever is going down" I pointed out as we cuddled on the couch "How do you feel today?" I asked "I feel okay.." he sighed, he was being pretty quiet the entire day even when I laid with him on the couch and cuddled with him he just stayed quiet. "Why are you being so distant?" I asked tilting his chin up so he was looking at me "Im not, I just feel bad" he whispered "But why do you feel bad?" he wasnt looking at me anymore "You missed another trial because of me, I'm always getting in the way with my sickness I'm just a burden" he sighed. It broke my heart knowing he felt that way about himself, how do I make him belive that he is not a burden and that I will always put him first before anything else and anyone else.

"Phil you are not a burden" I whispered, he looked away and stayed quiet "Babe please look at me" I whispered placing my finger under his chin and tilting his head again so he was looking at me "I will always put you first because being here for you when you need me is my first priority and I will always put you first" I explained, he didn't say anything but buried his face in my neck keeping his arms around me tightly, I smiled to myself I as wrapped my one of my arm around his waiste and stroked his hair with my free hand. We stayed in that postion for a while it was nice just holding him, no talking nothing sexual just innocent cuddling each other holding each other in our arms. I kissed his forehead softly and in response he started tickling my neck with his nose "Phil stop you know I'm ticklish there" I giggled trying to move back a bit but he kept a hold of me and continued tickling me "Phiiilll" I whined laughing "I dont see you complaining when I'm kissing your biting your neck" he winked looking up at me making my cheeks go pink "well that's different" I pouted. "You're so cute you know that?" he said kissing my nose and going back to nuzzling his face in my neck.

Our moment was interuppted by a loud and impatient knock at the doo, I sighed as I got up to answer it, an angry Linda walked in ranting to me "Are you fucking me Daniel?!" she yelled walking to the living room "Swearing at your client, not very professional Linda" I joked trying to lighten the mood a bit. "I am not in the mood of joking Daniel James Howell" she  scolded sitting on the couch. "So by the looks of it, it doesnt sound like good news" Phil said breaking the silence "I was able to get him out of too much trouble, but they still need to finalize what he needs to do to make it up" she sighed. "Well that's good isn't it?" i asked wondering why she was so mad then "Yes but I need to head down to see what they say and until then you need to go down to the police station" she explained "Wait what? He can't go to jail!" Phil exclaimed, I stroked his hand calming him down a bit "He wont be there long, you just need to get someone to take you down and you can bail him, I told them about you and that sort of softened them up a bit" she said. "It'll be fine Phil dont worry, I've been down there before" I said "But this is all my fault, you're having to go back because you were busy taking care of me" he sighed, his eyes were full of tears "Phil it will okay, I would take you with me and Dan but I have other busniess I need to clear up about what he has to do, if you can get a friend to take you after Dan and I leave I will meet up with you there after a while" she smiled slightly trying to make Phil relax a bit. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" he asked looking at me with sad eyes and with a natural pout that appeared when he was sad and worried. I cupped his cheeks and kissed his lips soflty "Yes I will be fine, just call Emily and then meet us there" I smiled "Okay.. I love you" he whispered giving me a sweet long kiss before I left with Linda. I was actaully terrified, even though I'll be there for only a little while it's still not a pleasant place to be.

*Phil's POV*

As soon as Dan left I started panicking, I was never in a situation like this before, my fiance was being sent to jail because he stayed home to take care of me and missed his court date. Tears fell down my face as soon as he left, I needed to calm down and do what I was told if I wanted him back home tonight, I dont know what I'd do if he wasnt able to come home tonight, not because I cant do anything without help but because I can't bear not being with Dan, I needed him with me, he kept me sane and calm even with my illness killing me slowly.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Emily's number "Hey Phil!" she answered happily "Emily I need you to come over now" i said quickly "Why? whats wrong?" her voice filled with concern "It's Dan, I-I'll explain later when you get here, but don't bring Anthony with you, come alone" I said, my voice was shaky. She told me she's on her way and hung up instanly. After 20 minutes of waiting there was a knock at the door, I grabbed my wallet remembering that Dan said he transfered more money into my account, I checked to make sure that I had cash as well. I wheeled myself outside and Emily helped me into the car "So wheres Dan?" she asked "We have to go get him.." I said "Okay, but from where?" she asked again "Jail, he had a courtdate and he missed it because I had a fever now he's in prison but his lawyer said I just have to get him and it'll be okay but I'm freaking out" I said quickly "Woah Phil calm down, everything will be okay I promise, I'm here for you both" she said driving. We sat in silence for a few moments, I stared out the window tears filled  my eyes. "You're blaming yourself aren't you?" she asked quiely "It is my fault, he missed it because of me" I sighed. "Phil, he chose to stay home and take care you because you were ill, it was his choice" she reminded me. "Yes but still, he is in trouble now" I whispered. "Listen, Im sure Dan knew that he would get into trouble but he obviously didnt care because he only cares about you, he stayed home to take care of you because he loves you more than anything, he will always put you before himself because he loves you so much" she smiled, I looked over at her and returned a smile. "Now don't worry we will get him home" she said taking her free hand and holding mine giving it a small squeeze.

.

.

.

.

So sorry I didnt update yesterday! School is driving me crazy, I'm supposed to be studying for my Family studies test but sssshhhhh XD Anyways look for something exciting on our account tomorrow, we hope you'll like it! :3 Enjoy x