Chapter 14

*Dan's POV*

Emily helped me get Phil to the car and we drove to the hospital, Anthony was with us too as it was too late at night to leave him alone. I got Phil into his wheelchair and wheeled him into the hospital, unfortunately the nice doctor wasn't there, Dr. Morris was so he had to examine Phil's leg, Emily went to the vending machine to get Anthony a snack, she was trying to avoid the doctor as she did not want to see her horrible husband. He went to his office to get Phil's files to fill out some papers when Emily came back, Anthony was with Phil so I stood out the room talking to Emily. "Emily? What are you doing here?" Dr. Morris asked sternly walking towards us "None of your business" she replied coldly glaring at him. "Why are you here with these fags? Go home." Anthony came running to us the moment he saw his father "Daddy?" He looked down at the little boy with disgust "Don't tell me our son is a faggot too" he mumbled, Anthony took a step back and hugged my leg "You don't love me do you daddy?" He whispered softly, hearing that from a nine year old just broke me. "No, I don't" his father said bitterly making him sob, I crouched down and patted his head trying to comfort him "You're an asshole, David" Emily said coldly "Go home Emily. Now" but she completely ignored him "I don't want to go home, I like Dan and Phil more, mommy is right you're an ass" Anthony sobbed, the doctor grabbed Anthony's arm tightly and slapped him across his face, Emily pushed him back and I pulled Anthony and hugged him protectively "Are you crazy?" Phil exclaimed wheeling towards us "He is going home right now" the doctor said trying to grab his arm again but I pulled him away "You are not touching my son" Emily stood in front of us "If you're going to associate with these fags then do not come home Emily" he glared "Don't count on it, I don't even want to be anywhere near you!" She yelled "Where will you go?" He smirked "They will stay with me and Phil" I responded standing up, Anthony walked over to Phil and he wrapped his arms around him comforting the little boy "Whatever. Also your fiancé can't walk at all now, both his legs are paralyzed" he smirked walking off. Emily picked Anthony and comforted him until he fell asleep in her arms, I crouched down so I was face to face with Phil, I put my hand on his cheek gently stroking it with my thumb "Are you okay?" I asked softly and he nodded "C-can we just go home?"
The entire car ride he was really quiet, "Are you okay babe?" I asked again "yea.." He responded silently looking out the window "why are you being so distant?" He shook his head. I put my hand on his leg, he noticed after a while and took my hand "You have to talk to me Phil. What's wrong?" I whispered "I-Im completely worthless now Dan.. I can't walk at all" he said softly "You're not worthless or useless" I assured him squeezing his hand, he didn't respond and continued staring out the window, I needed to think of a way to cheer him up "Hey. Wanna go out for ice cream?" I asked "Its almost 2 am, and Anthony is asleep..." He sighed. "You can drop us home and go, I'm sleepy too" Emily smiled "So we're going then, I know a place that is open right now" I smiled.
We dropped Emily and Anthony at our place and then drove to the ice cream parlor, I wheeled Phil inside and ordered one cup for the both of us in case Phil didn't want too much. "I-I don't think I can eat" he whispered, he was so upset about his legs, I didn't want to talk about them with him, so I tried changing the topic "Hey did you know that when I was younger I wanted to be an emo?" I said randomly, he looked at me with a strange look "I would see all these cool looking emo guys and thought I'd be cool if I looked emo" I laughed awkwardly eating a spoonful of ice cream, I could tell he wanted to laugh too but he was trying to resist. "Come on I know you wanna laugh" I said poking his cheek and he finally gave in and laughed at my awkward story. "So you sure you don't want any ice cream?" I asked again "I'll have a little bit" he finally agreed, I gave him a spoonful and he ate it "Cookies and cream?" He asked "Yup! Want more?" And he nodded, I fed him some more. The girl working there came up to us "I'm sorry if this sounds weird, but you two are really cute" she smiled "Can I sit with you for a bit?" And I nodded, she took a seat and looked at Phil "Are you okay?" She asked concerned looking at the chair and oxygen tubes "N-no, I have cancer.." He said quietly and she instantly apologized "Its okay, don't worry" Phil gave her a small smile, I fed him another spoonful of ice cream "So um are you two together?" She asked looking at me "Yeah we are actually engaged" I said and she smiled "That's so cute! You two make an adorable couple" I looked at Phil, his cheeks were bright pink, he looks so cute when he's shy "Anyways I should get back to work before my boss scolds me, here's my number we all should hang out sometime" she said handing us a paper with her number on it "Oh and do you need anything else?" I looked at Phil "Can I have more ice cream please?" He asked quietly. She brought more ice cream and then went back to work "Can you feed me?" He asked shyly, I took the spoon and did "This is the most I've gotten you to eat" I laughed silently "my stomach agrees with ice cream today" he smiled taking another bite "You have ice cream on your lip" I laughed leaning in gently pressing my lips onto his, he wrapped his arms around my neck when I pulled away pulling me back in and kissing me passionately "is it gone?" He laughed pulling away making me blush this time.

*Phil's POV*

"thank you" I whispered as Dan carried me to bed "For what?" He asked laying me down "For cheering me up, I love you" I smiled, he laid down next to me with a little space between us "Well I love you and I love seeing you smile" he said softly "I'm sorry I can't take care of you, you should be resting because of your shoulder" I said looking at his bandage "Don't worry, it doesn't hurt. You should sleep babe its late" he whispered "I'm not tired, let's just talk unless you're tired" I said "I'm not tired. Do you need help moving to snuggle with me?" He asked, I nodded holding my arm out to him and he pulled me close to him "How are you feeling? Be honest" he asked "Not good, you can guess why" I sighed "Babe for what its worth, I love you unconditionally, even if you can walk or not" he said sweetly stroking my cheek, I nuzzled his neck then looked at him "Tell me why you love me? I'm curious" I asked "Well let's see, you're kindhearted, you're loving, everything about you is perfect and you're you" he whispered smiling, I nuzzled his neck again this time gently rubbing my nose against it "Phil that tickles" he laughed silently and I did it again and he laughed cutely "You're really cute" I said kissing his nose "Am I?" He laughed "Yes youre like a cute little kitten, but at the time you're really hot" I winked making him blush "Speaking of kittens, I thought we could get ours tomorrow" he said "Can we get one from the animal shelter rather than a pet store?" I asked "Of course, anything you want. I think its amazing how you want to go to the shelter" he said pulling me close. I kept my arms around him tightly, I nuzzled but then after this time I kissed his neck and gently bit at it, he suddenly twitched at my touch. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mae you uncomfortable" we haven't actually been intimate after what Frankie did, we've only been intimate once before that "N-no I was just a little surprised" he said quickly "Its okay Dan, I understand that you need time, no pressure" I smiled, but instead he got on top of me and pressed his lips on mine kissing me passionately "No,I want to do it" he whispered gently biting my lower lip, I kissed down his jawline leaving lovebites along it, he turned over pulling me on top of him so I had more and easier access to his neck, I trailed kisses along his neck then gently bit and sucked at a spot leaving a mark and making him moan slightly "One minute you're cute and the next you're driving me crazy" he moaned, I smirked unbuttoning his shirt and kissing his collarbone as I ran my hand down his bare chest to his PJ bottoms taking at them and he kicked them off. He turned over so he was on top of me this time, he pulled off my shirt and kissed my scar, then neck leaving marks all over my neck making me moan, he reached my lips and kissed me hard helping me get out of my pants. I was glad that Dan felt comfortable with me even after what happened, it just means that our love is stronger than you think.