Chapter 25

*Dan's POV*

Ever since I got the call from my lawyer yesterday I was freaking out, I didn't sleep at all last night all I could think of was what could she want from me, whatever it was didn't sound like good news. I looked down at my phone and read the text from her "I will come by your place at around 3 to talk." it was 1 pm right now, two more hours left.
"Are you okay?" Phil asked wheeling into the kitchen, I was at the chair at the counter lost in my thoughts "Dan?" He called out once more making me snap out of it "Oh.. I didn't hear you I'm sorry" I whispered looking at him "Are you alright?" He asked frowning "Yeah I'm fine don't worry" I said plainly getting up and walking to the living room, I was too lost in my thoughts wondering what my lawyer could want from me. She sounded really serious it must be something bad, but what could it be, I mean I haven't done anything bad in a while. "you're worrying me Dan.." Phil said wheeling to the couch where I was, he struggled to get himself on the couch so I helped him up and resumed back to my thoughts. "Is something bothering you?" He asked moving my hair to the side "It's nothing" I sighed staring blankly ahead, I could see him from the corner of my eye he was frowning at me he seemed really worried, I just didn't know what to tell him because I wasn't sure myself. He tilted my face gently so I was looking at him, he leaned in and kissed me softly, he kept his lips pressed onto mine but pulled away when I wasn't quick enough to kiss him back. He looked at me with his bottom lip sticking out "Why are you so distant? I know there's something wrong" he said cupping my cheek "There's nothing wrong, I'm just not in the mood" I said in a slightly annoyed tone moving his hands away, he didn't look mad but he looked hurt the only thing he said to me after that was "Oh.. Sorry.. I'll leave you alone for a bit.." He reached over to pull his chair closer trying to get on it, I wrapped my arms around his waist pulling him onto my lap "I'm sorry don't go" I whispered nuzzling his neck "There's something you're not telling me Dan and its worrying me"  I have to tell him, I took a deep breath and explained the situation "My lawyer called yesterday saying she needed to talk, I'm on probation but I did my time in rehab so I don't know what she needs to talk about"  I sighed "Wait, you're on probation?" He asked confused "Well sort of, I'm sure that was cleared when I was done with my sessions" I explained "So I have no idea what's going on and I'm a bit scared" I sighed burying my face in the crook of his neck again, what if they threaten to send me back to prison, I mean I didn't do anything but I was still scared, my biggest fear was they'd take my time away from Phil, he is my main priority right now. "Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be alright" he said holding me close "When will she get here?" I looked at the time "In about half hour" I whispered moving my head back, I closed my eyes and got lost in my thoughts again. I opened my eyes to the feeling of soft kisses being planted on my neck and jaw  "You need to relax, I'm sure everything is okay" he whispered as he planted small soft kisses all over my face "But what if its not" I said softly, I was really really worried, I can't go back to jail its horrible over there, Phil silenced me by pressing his lips on mine "Sshh don't worry" he mumbled against my lips before deepening the kiss. I gave in eventually, pulling him closer so he was straddling my lap, I felt myself relax a bit when I kissed him back, what would I do without him honestly. He pulled away and attached his lips on my neck, kissing and sucking at a spot, he wasn't trying to start trying I guess this was just his way to make me relax, I ran my fingers through his hair as he sucked at my skin leaving a rather big and visible mark "Oops" he giggled running his thumb over it "Phil how am I supposed to hide this" I whined laughing a bit so he knew I was joking "You don't, now everyone will know you're mine" he said cutely nuzzling my neck.
Moments later the door bell rang "I should get it" I said helping Phil off my lap and into the chair, I nervously walked towards the door and my lawyer, Linda barged inside looking pissed "You missed two of your court dates Daniel! I told you they were super important!" She started "Oh fuck. They completely slipped my mind.." I can't believe I forgot, I was so occupied and all that mattered to me was taking care of Phil "You better have a good reason Daniel, and is that a hickey?" She asked pointing at the mark Phil had left, I felt my cheeks turn bright pink "Uh..its nothing" I said quickly "Never mind that, how could you forget! You're not making this any easier for me" she scolded walking towards the living room, she stopped when she saw Phil "Who's this?" She asked, she had a sorry look on her face getting a hint of why I forgot about the court dates. She sat down on the couch opposite to Phil while I sat near him "Linda this is Phil, my fiancé" I explained grabbing his hand, Phil smiled at her sweetly to which she responded back with a smile.
"Okay I should tell you that I was able to get you out of too much trouble" she said more calmly now "You'll have one last chance, I'll let you know when the court date is when I find out, but Daniel its super important you don't forget okay?" She said. "Wait you missed a court date?" Phil asked before I could say anything "Yeah I just remembered, you were at the hospital over night and it slipped my mind" I explained "You got in trouble because of me.." He said softly, I looked over at Linda who had a look of guilt on her face now "No babe, I forgot about it, its not your fault. But even if I didn't forget I still would've stayed with you at the hospital" I said kissing his hand. "As long as he shows up to his next court date everything will be fine don't worry Phil" Linda assured him "I'll call you or text you when I find out when it is" and with that she left.
I pulled Phil onto my lap again "Its not your fault babe" I said again kissing his cheek "You missed it because of me" he sighed resting his head on my chest. "You heard Linda I just have to attend the next one that's all. And besides you come first for me, you're more important" I whispered. It was the truth, I will always put Phil first before anything, he was more important to me, he needed me that day so I stayed with him. "Dan?" he looked up at me and kissed me "I love you so much" he whispered "I love you so much more."