Chapter 30

*Dan's POV*

My hands were trembling, I could feel myself starting to panic as I was being lead towards the room they were going to keep me in, this was not a fun place to be in. I dont get why they just don't let me go to court with my lawyer since they aren't keeping me in here too long. "You'll be in here until someone comes to get you" the officer said pointing towards a door pulling out his keys. "Wait h-how long will I be here?" I ask my voice was trembling "Until whoever is coming to get you gets here" he replied as I entered the room, he shut the door behind me and left. I stood there facing the door sighing to myself burying my face in my hands, I just had to trust that Phil would be on his way and I wont be here any longer.

"Well look who we have here" an unpleasant voice said from behind me. Ryan. My ex. I turned around to see him standing in front of me now with a cruel smile on his face. "Couldn't keep yourslef out of trouble huh fag?" he laughed. I felt my face turn red from anger from seeing him "Funny how you call me a fag when you were the one who was desperate to fuck me all the time" I spat putting on a brave act when on the inside I was terrifed because of what he was capable of, although he can't do anything here. "You still owe me money. You are the reason I'm stuck here" he growled getting serious now. "You're here because you deserve it." I responded "You got me involved in something I didnt want to be involved in, you forced me to sleep with you, you abused me and I dont owe you shit" I felt a terrible pain as soon as I finished my statement, he punched me square in the face. "Watch your fucking mouth. Did you forget what I'm capable of" he said sternly pushing me. This pissed me off more rather than scaring me "I will say what I want. You were awful to me for a year, you falsely led me to believe that you actually cared for me when you only wanted my money." I started "I'm not even here for long, I'll be out here as soon as my fiance gets here" I said quietly. "Fiance? Who is eager enough to agree to marry you?" he laughed "He must be as worthless and useless as you" with that I pushed him back with full force, he fell back and hit the wall and glared up at me angrily. Before he could get up and do anything the door opened, it was the same officer who brought me here "They're here to get you Howell" he said, I followed him out taking a deep breath of relaxation that I was able to get out of there, I couldnt stand being in the same room as that psycho.

"Um who came to get me?" I asked the officer "You're fiance, Philip. And your friend Emily" he answered not turning around. "So, Ryan h-how long will he be in prison?" I asked. "He will be here a while, he has done really awful things. You've had run ins with him haven't you?" he asked looking, I simply nodded and sighed, Well at least he won't be a problem for me or anyone, he needs to be kept away from people. The officer lead me to where Emily and Phil where waiting, I felt a sudden relaxation as soon as I saw Phil, he must have heard me walk in he instantly looked up and wheeled to me.

*Phil's POV*

My head flew up the moment I heard footsteps, the officer turned and went somewhere else to deal something, Dan came in behind him and gave me a small smile as I wheeled myself to him. He crouched down and wrapped his arms around my neck, I mirrored his action and wrapped my arm around his waiste. "You came" he whispered burying his face in my neck "Of course I came silly, I called Emily as soon as you left and she showed up right away." Dan stood up and pulled Emily into a tight hug "Thank you so much, I appreciate it and I'm so sorry if I caused any trouble" he said "No problem, you're always here for me and Anthony, it's the least I can do" she smiled patting his back.

"Well good to see everything is sorted" Linda said coming into the waiting room "Thanks for cooperating Phil" she smiled at me. Dan walked upto me and linked his fingers with mine, I grabbed his arm with my free hand and tugged at it gently pulling him down so he was sitting on my lap. "why is your cheek red?" i asked brushing my thumb over his cheek, he winced a little bit "Well um you see I was put in the same room as Ryan.." he whispered burying his face in my shoulder. "Ryan? As in that crazy ex of yours?" Linda asked, he looked up at her and nodded. "Thats terrible, are you okay?" I asked wrapping my arm around him protectively "Dont worry I'm fine, plus I was able to get a hit at him too so lets leave it at that" he laughed silently pressing a soft kiss on my shoulder. "Thank you for coming" he whispered pressing soft kisses on my ear and cheek.

"I can see that you and Phil would probably like to get home, so I'll just make it quick" Linda said "You arent in any serious trouble, I told them about Phil and his condition and how you couldnt leave them those times and they understood" she explained "So is there anything I need to do though?" Dan asked "You just need to talk to this specalist monthly, it can be over the phone and you need to keep me updated with everything. Think you can do that at least?" she asked chuckling "Yeah I can, thanks Linda" he laughed thanking her before she left. "Well you have an advantage of having a fiance with cancer" I joked kissing his cheek "I love you so much, you know that?" he said before kissing me, it was soft love filled kiss. I could tell that Dan didnt really have people who looked out for him from what he has told me and how happy he was to see that I showed up when he was brought here. I kissed him back deepening in the kiss but pulled away to the sound of Emily awkwardly clearing her throat. "Let's get you two home before its too hard to pull you both apart I'm sure the officers won't appreciate two guys having sex here" she joked. Both our cheeks turned pink as we laughed with her, Dan got off my lap but I pulled him back down "No, stay close to me I missed you" I whispered burying my face in his neck inhaling the scent of his cologne, he giggled a bit as his neck was really senstive and ticklish. "It was only a few hours Phil" Emily laughed grabbing the handle of my chair pushing it outside "I know but I was scared and missed him" I pouted keeping my arms around him. " I missed you too" he whispered.