CHAPTER 23:HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

She feels a throbbing pain in her thighs as she rides and she immediately slows the horse sure that she was far enough.

she had always been the type to make decisions out of impulse but not like this, surprisingly her mind was set she was to go back home to the life she knew even if there was no one there waiting for her and she was to forget ever meeting them ever meeting Datura just like he requested.
she jumped off the horse and feed it some of the water attached to the pouch in its saddle . She sat down and rested her legs, and watched as the sun began to set she had been travelling for a few hours now .
If her mother saw her now she would call, her a stupid girl with no sense of direction. Oh momma maybe I should have listened to her ,she thought. Maybe if she accepted her fate and married Anderton she wouldn't be here in the cold woods by herself starving and bruised all over.
Maybe she would have learnt to love him maybe and her family would still be alive and safe but no she too stubborn. She heard rustle in the trees behind her and she immediately took to her feet clutching the dagger in her pocket. she slowly backed away from the trees and scanning her surrounding trying not to panic and making her way towards the horse but before she knows it something pulls her back and she tries to fight back put they both land onto the ground and her hands are strained above her.

''What on earth are you doing! His deep blue eyes stare back at her in confusion
''Get off me '', she hisses back
'' So you can run off and get yourself killed I don't think so''

She narrows her eyes at him' 'don't pretend like you care if I die or not''
''Only you can be this selfish "he scoffs

She lets out a bitter laugh ''selfish? I doing exactly what you said I getting lost so you can forget me!"

''if only you knew how impossible that it is ''
''Then I guess I'm doing you a favor now let me go!''

''Not a chance'' he refutes

She struggles as he ties her hands behind her back and mounting her on the back of Alex's horse
''So now you're taking me hostage? She says to him as he stands in front of her
he folds his arms ''Now I'm trying to save you from yourself'' he scolds

once he turns around she tries to use her dagger to cut the ropes on her hands but a knife comes flying and knocks the dagger out of her hands and Alex and emerges from the trees being them
''You nearly cut off my hand!"

''But I didn't he responds and its for your own good Lady Dahlia '' How could you do this? after everything we risked '' The pained expression on Alex's Face made her question her motives, maybe she was being selfish

''What on earth were you thinking? Sage says out of breath walking out from the trees in front of them with Henry by her side ''are you trying to die?"
''You would like that very much wouldn't you Sage", dahlia spat and sage narrowed her eyes her.

"Dahlia She's right" henry, spoke " i dont thonk Anderton would've hesitated whether you like it or not we not letting you go "
She rolls her eyes "fine!",

They all began the journey back in silence .her hands are still tied up and Datura was controlling the Saddle from behind her, the clouds began to darken welcoming the dusk and heavy wind brushed through the trees.

''I'm sorry he says breaking the silence, I shouldn't have spoken to you like that I didn't mean-
''It's okay she interrupts him ''I understand, and I shouldn't have pushed you away''
''why did you?
''because I was scared she responds I was scared of losing you, just like I lost everyone else''
'' Dahlia you will never really lose me, you can never loose me, he promised ''

''But how could you accept it, I mean if I was you I would be freaking out aren't you scared?'' the speed their moving at causes the wind to blow her curls violently into her face and mouth and he pulls her hair back for her.