CHAPTER 16: CAN YOU SWIM?

Alex also managed to steal a portable tent as well, He set it up and everyone retired for the night but of course the night mares kept her awake.

Each time dahlia closed her eyes all she could see was her sisters crying begging her to come back but instead of tears dark blood filled their eyes running down their cheeks and hazel held a birthday cake asking her to make a wish, she remembered what she wished for that night to be safe for her family to be safe and now she realized how useless that wish was if anything her life was the opposite of safe. She didn't even know if her family was alive.

She decide that maybe taking a walk would help .She wondered off into the night as the moonlight guided a path in to a clearing .
silence followed her as she walked through the path twigs breaking under her feet .She stopped in her tracks, her breath taken at what she saw shielded by tall grass .
It was a lake ,blue water reflecting the night sky and the subtle sound of water filling the air .
She remembers the last time she was at a lake when the drought hit Lockwood and mother and her had to travel for hours to lake Anslow , but it wasn't as beautiful as this one she slowly walked to the banks but was caught off guard even more at what she saw next .

Datura seated by the shore his back facing the lake and feet in the water his hair was no longer a golden blonde no but silver white shimmering in the moonlight what the hell? How-how that even possible? Was he even human because this was not a normal human thing, right?

''Dahlia?'' he said his back still turned

how did he know it was her?

She sat next to him and crossed her legs, it was too cold she didn't
feel like putting her feet in the water.

She sat next to him and crossed her legs, it was too cold she didn'tfeel like putting her feet in the water

''Can you swim?'', He asked randomly.

''of course I can why do ask?''.

''Nothing '', he never learnt how to swim his was his first time to ever see anything like this the water under his feet made him shiver but he didn't mind this might be the last time he was ever going to be by a lake as enchanting as this one if he could swim he would swim in it forever.

He can feel Dahlia staring at him, he always can he always knows when she's there.

''What is it? he asked throwing a pebble into the water watching it skip a few times before it sunk .

Dahlia widen her eyes '' well what type of question is that? 'isn't it obvious?

''your- your hair she gestured at it ,it's different ''.

he smiled'' it changes when I'm exposed to direct moonlight''

''But why?'',

''I don't know either its happened since I was a child and father's never been able to explain it '',

''So you just ignore it?''

'' pretty much yes''. He forgets his hair even did this until now he didn't even know it was strange.