CHAPTER 14: WE'RE GOING TO GET CAUGHT

Dahlia sat down, her legs where getting tired. Where are they? what's taking them so long? she thought as she monitored the knights having their meal in the lit tent in front of them her stomach growling even louder.

''look over there'', says Sage pointing towards a brown bag filled with weapons dumped at the corner towards the entrance of the tent that the knights were in. '' I think I can manage to grab it she said standing up,
''Sage no''. Ordered Henry ''we'll get caught''.

'' It will only take a second'', She tiptoed her way into the tent ''Sage comeback!'', henry whispered following after her. Dahlia gripped his hand ''wait where are you going?''

''I have to stop her''.

''Dahlia let out a sigh, she was way too hungry for this her body protested as she stood up and followed after him.

Sage managed to successfully grab some daggers ''here '', she handed one to dahlia and a hand axe to henry the knights were too busy talking and laughing over their meal to notice them.
''okay we go now!'' Henry demands in a low whisper.
''fine just back up I can feel you breathing up my neck'', Sage accused.

''Oh, so now I'm not allowed to breath?''

''stop being ridiculous you're allowed to breathe just not on me''

'' wow I'm the one whose being ridiculous?''

''what's that supposed to mean?''

''you're the reason we're here in the first place!''
Is this what Datura has to go through every day? they're literally starting a fight at the wrong time!! dahlia thought, hoping they won't get caught.

''oh so everything my fault, I'm trying to help us!'' says Sage

'' that's not what I said,'' henry defended

''At the smell of the roasted chicken dahlia's stomach lets out a loud growl

''please don't do this'', she says rubbing her tummy, she looks up and her heart drops when she immediately makes eye contacts with one of the knights, a skinny looking one with side burns his holding a turkey leg midair his eyes wide open in shock. Dahlia nervously smiles

''umm guys'',

''No but It's what you meant to say!'' argues sage

''guys we need to go'', Dahlia pleaded

''Why do you do this! You're always putting words in my mouth '', accuses Henry. Sage rolls her eyes in response.

The man immediately stands and
''Shouts its Lady Dahlia!!''

''Guys we have to go now! Dahlia stands up and runs towards the opening exciting the tent sage and henry behind her.

''don't let her escape! '' One of them shouts they all drop their forks chasing after them.

''Datura was staring to learn more truth about Vladimir the man he knew as his father, the man that spent 19 years raising a sick child, was actually involved with a monster like Anderton who for some reason knew about him too they talked about him like he was some precious gem never to be discovered.

'' Sire sire '', a man came running in.

''You better have a good reason for disrupting me!'' Anderton scolded.

'' lady dahlia has been seen in the camp!''

''they found her'', Datura whispers hers to Alex.

Vladimir and Anderton smile sheepishly at each other before heading out.
Alex Unties the final knot on the saddle. He and Datura nod at each other there were no words that needed to be said they know exactly what to do next.