CHAPTER 7:LOST DREAMS AND NEW FACES

Even after 19 years of life his eyes never seemed to grow weary of staring into the endlessness of the dark clouds, when the sun set the sky was most vulnerable with its beauty, stars seen as little lights of hope. Plus, henry babbling about something in the background.'' Datura are you even listening? ''Of course I am he replied, as he tiredly looked at henry, his head rested on his palm as he leaned against the window, his mind still lost in the clouds.

''this is important what are you even looking at?''

''Nothing replied Datura.'' It's just have you ever felt like something so far away could feel so close like you could feel it burn within in you.

''What are you talking about?''

''The stars, they seem to be falling closer.'' Henry proceeded to look up confusingly at what looked like the pitch black sky to him. Nothing out of the ordinary.

''I think staying up in that tower all these years has messed with your head, you're delusional.''

''What no, contested Datura ''I'm listening, I always listen to you''. he really wasn't listening. henry raised a brow ''really because you didn't sound at all interested when I told you I'm planning on leaving Lockwood.

''Wait what!'', Datura said in shock. Henry rolled his eyes ''it's what I've been trying to tell you for the last hour while you were making goggly eyes at the moon. Datura then realized that henry's babbling was actually important babbling.

''When do you plan to leave? '', He asked still surprised.

'' I don't know yet '', henry said looking down and rubbing his arm. ''It's just Vladimir, he won't let me leave whenever I mention it he loses it; he still doesn't trust me even after all these years, I'm the only one that knows about you and the tower. I'm afraid If I do, try to leave I won't go far before he tracks me down and if worse kills me''

Datura looked at him with sympathy it was all his fault Henry didn't have a life either.

''don't worry hen, you and I both know all this will be over soon, he paused ''I don't really have much time left he shrugged, ''And Before you know it, you can forget all about Vladimir you'll be a fee man.''

Henry frowned ''come on you know I hate it when you talk like that.

''Henry I'm dying he said tiredly he shrugged and casually said ''I've been dying for years.

''You know what? henry snapped you're lucky you're all the way up there otherwise I would have smacked those filthy words out your mouth,

Datura sarcastically gasped ''well someone chose violence this evening.''

''Datura I'm serious''.

''You're never serious henry''.

''I am now, there's a whole world, a whole life you could be living! We could find a way to escape and maybe even a cure, you can't just give up!''

Datura could see the hope in Henry's eyes, a hope he lost a long time ago. ''I'm not giving up it's just, it is what it is''. At this point in his life he knew having dreams was a waste of time and so was leaving the tower on most days he was too sick to even walk.

Henry looked at him defeated. ''Come on let's talk about something ''else Datura offered.
''No don't try to change the topic.

''I'm not he said sarcastically ''how's your sister?''

''Oh no!'' henry groaned smacking his forehead.

''what?''

''what time is it?''