𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶: 𝙱𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝙳𝚒𝚎

Start from the beginning

"I'm just worried Damon might come back to check on the tomb considering my uncle's not in town."

If what I suspected was true I didn't want him to find out at all. I'd seen his obsession with Katherine and it honestly scared me, almost reminding me of Isaac.

"And Stefan too, right? You want me to keep this from him too."

I made a sound. "Not exactly. Slater got a call last night from his contact who's apparently also his roommate and turns out we need the moonstone so Stefan, Bonnie and I talked. I said I'd tried to convince Katherine to give me the moonstone."

"That's not going to work. Katherine wouldn't agree to that."

"Yeah well, I have a secret weapon—Kamilah."

"The one who helped Katherine escape. Wait. You know her?"

"Not exactly. I've been reliving her memories for the past few weeks."

"Oh, speaking of—how are you?"

I snorted. "Terrible." I answered honestly.

"I don't get why you can't just tell Damon about this."

"I don't know why you didn't tell Stefan about your trip to the tomb." I fired back.

"Point taken."

"Look, I'd rather not think about stuff like that right now, I'll see you at school." I finished talking, hanging up and parked my car.

Without another word, I hung up and got out of the car. I went to the trunk and picked up a few bottles of animal blood I had leftover from a previous hunt and stuffed them into a bag. I nodded to myself checking off the checklist in my mind before closing the trunk and making my way to the old church ruins.

The dimly lit tomb was cold and musty. I felt suffocated just being there but I pressed on. Carefully I descended down the old ruined stairs, making sure to grip the crumbling stone walls for extra support in case I slipped. The only sound was the sound of my footsteps and the aftermath of the rain seeping through the cracks.

I paused when I reached the last step. This was a bad idea. I knew it was. Katherine Pierce was someone you could never trust. I knew that from my ancestors' journals, from the Salvatore brothers and from experience. I still couldn't help myself.

"Elena? Stefan?" Katherine's weak and breathy voice echoed throughout the old tomb.

I shivered involuntarily as a chill passed through me. I swallowed the urge to kill and stepped into the light.

"Guess again." I said with feigned confidence.

I watched in silence as Katherine picked herself off from the ground and pushed herself against the boundary of her prison to get a better look at me. Her dull eyes squinted in the dim, flickering lights trying to see me.

I held out my hand and dusts of light danced in front of her before forming into small orbs, illuminating the cave. She watched the lights in awe and fear before glancing at me. "I was wondering when I'd see you again." She seemed a little better than last time I had seen her.

"Here I am." I stated simply before standing right across from her. "I brought a present." I took out a bottle of blood from my bag and waved it in her face.