𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶: 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚐

I sprinted down an old trail behind the Fitzroy estate, panting loudly, trying to catch my breath

I sprinted down an old trail behind the Fitzroy estate, panting loudly, trying to catch my breath. Come on, a little bit faster. I kicked up my legs and picked up my pace, jumping over roots and rocks in my way to move forwards. I gasped with each step.

My lungs were burning as I tried hard to breathe. I had been doing this for almost two hours now. I kicked up my leg again and picked up my pace again.

"You're slacking off." Uncle Nate called out, bored from somewhere in the woods behind the thick foliage.

"Am not." I huffed loudly, kicking up my leg and pushing myself to the finish line. I crossed the line and crashed onto the dirt floor, facing up at the early morning sky.

"I did it." I panted out.

My lips dry, sweat dripping from my forehead as my chest rose and fell. My heart hammered against my chest as I clutched it, trying to catch my breath.

"Am I done? Please tell me I'm done." I begged uncle Nate, trying to get up from the floor.

Leaves rustled and twigs snapped in response. "Mm-hmm. Yeah, you're done." He came out from behind a set of trees and passed me a pink water bottle.

I picked myself off the ground and took the water bottle, opening and draining the bottle in one go. "I hate you." I said between gulps. "How could you do that to me? I thought we were gonna train?"

"And we did. Build up cardio and stamina first then we do strength before moving on to the fun stuff. Well that was fun too."

I stared at him incredulously. "That was torture!"

"Pfft. That was nothing. Blame yourself for deciding to go all Buffy and not staying out of supernatural business." He turned around and started walking back to the house.

I groaned and capped the lid of the bottle before following him back home. "Well...I couldn't just sit still knowing Damon was gonna rip Bonnie apart." I unzipped my jacket a little and fanned myself. It was December but the heat from my workout made it unbearably hot for me.

"You could've just told Bonnie the truth and gave that Steven-"

"Stefan."

"Yeah, him. A head's up to the whole situation before it happened. At least he and his brother are leaving now." He paused and turned around to glance at me. "They are leaving right?"

I halted in my tracks. "I've been told they are. Stefan seemed pretty adamant even though Elena begged him to stay."

He turned away from me and stomped through the trail, skillfully avoiding any obstacles in his path. "One less problem for us. Still can't believe your dad is now not trusting the Council."

I panted, almost tripping over a tree root, only to catch myself before I hit the ground. I grabbed the nearest tree for support and pushed myself up straight. "...He already had trust issues with the Council. What else is new?"