𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶: 𝙱𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝙳𝚒𝚎

"Klaus wanted to sacrifice Katherine so she ran but her family was killed because of that?" I went back over what Elena said

Elena let out a sigh as I heard some sound of rustling on the other side of the phone.

"Right, and now I'm freaking out because it's like I'm cornered."

"Why don't you just take your family and run? I know a place you guys can hide out." I suggested. It was a sound plan. The Gilberts were fairly wealthy too. Jenna would also understand if Elena told her a convincing lie.

"And how long am I going to hide, Ava?"

"As long as it takes. I don't know why you think it's so difficult, the world is a big place and besides Katherine only had help from Trevor and Rose. You have us."

"Well they weren't the only ones."

"What do you mean?"

"She mentioned someone else. Apparently there was this noblewoman who was supposed to be a friend of Klaus and Elijah." Elena paused, trying to gather her thoughts. "Her name was Carmela or Kamilah. She helped Katherine."

"What? Why would she do that?"

"I don't know. I asked Katherine and she didn't go into detail. What I do know is Kamilah told her to warn her family to move and that Katherine shouldn't go back home."

"Obviously Katherine didn't listen."

"Nope she found her entire family dead—that might be Jenna and Jeremy if I'm not too careful."

My heart dropped when I heard her words. I knew Klaus was dangerous but to go as far as killing Katherine's entire family was terrifying. All she did was run for her freedom.

I was scared but so was Elena. I couldn't let her know I was scared too. "Don't say that, okay? We'll figure this out." I tried to reassure her.

"You don't get it Ava, we're all in danger. Not just me, you too, except you have the choice to run." Her voice cracked mid-speech and it sounded like she was going to cry soon. "Katherine gave me a warning for you."

"Let me guess, another 'get out of town' warning?"

"Yeah. I think you should listen to it. I don't want to lose you or want you to get hurt because of me."

"Thanks for worrying about me."

"And covering for you." She seemed tired and I know I need to hang up soon. "If anyone asks, you're at Bonnie's. Caroline is also in, Bonnie was a little skeptical at first but she came around. Be careful."