𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿: 𝙴𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚜𝚝

The only sound that met my straining ears was my own echoing footsteps

The only sound that met my straining ears was my own echoing footsteps. I shivered violently trying to make sense of where I was. I didn't know where I was. I reached out my hand to feel my way and couldn't even see it in front of my face.

Blindly, I stumbled into the cave-like place, falling hard on the unforgiving stone floor with a loud thud.

With as much strength I could summon, I pushed myself off the ground and sat up. I breathed in and out, trying to catch my breath.

I closed my eyes, trying to envision my surroundings but nothing came to me. I opened them again. The darkness was the only thing I could see with my eyes open or closed. I breathed out in frustration and groaned, picking myself off the ground. I tried to feel the rough jagged stone walls to move around.

Unfortunately, I didn't get far enough.

Small, loose stones littered across the stony floor caused me to trip again. In frustration, I tried to will my hand to glow up but it failed.

All of a sudden, flaming torches sparked to life, lighting up the tunnel ahead and bathing the entire cavern in a flickering orange glow.

The cave-like building was old and abandoned so long ago that ivy had started growing on the crumbling walls while spiders made homes in each corner. The walls were crumbling, stone bricks looked on the verge of falling down while the iron gates looked rusted.

I gasped when I noticed them. All around me there were bodies. Some slumped over each other, some standing but not moving and some laying on the cold floor. I don't know if they were dead or not.

They seemed alive but at the same time, they were not. Swallowing my fears, I moved closer to examine the bodies. Their skin was gray and cracking. Eyes, hollow and vacant. I gasped and pushed myself back when I noticed their eyes moving. They were alive. But why were they...

My blood ran cold when I realized what they were. These were not humans. They were vampires. My eyes widened in horror and shock as I tried to run to the exit of the abandoned building.

But I couldn't.

At every turn, I was met with more and more bodies, each staring at me in rabid hunger like I was their prey. I needed to get out.

The lights flickered, casting an ominous glow throughout the site, causing shivers to ripple across my body. But I kept running, trying to get away and get out. I felt the cold hard ground again when I tripped. I tried to push myself off the ground again only to let out a scream when I realized what I had tripped over. It was one of the vampires.

Her skin, gray like the others. Her eyes vacant with a tiny shred of light in them and her mouth dry. She looked pitiful. I could barely make out her face in the flickering lights but I could tell that underneath it all, she was pretty. She seemed to look east asian but I wasn't too sure.