𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷: 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕

"I'm home

"I'm home." Uncle Nate called out to no one in particular.

Relaxing, I carried on walking to the foyer. "Were you at the library with Jenna?" I asked, waving my uncle 'Hello' before plopping my keys down.

He shook his head and mimicked my actions. "Nope. She wanted to get something to eat and then some takeaway for Jeremy and the parasite that lives in their house."

"John?"

"John." Uncle Nate confirmed. "Then she had to leave quick 'cause Jeremy has a curfew and she had to be back before Jeremy since Elena's not coming home—I assume she's staying over at the boarding house." I nodded. "Thought so. John's not gonna be happy."

I walked over to the foot of the grand stairs and took a set on the bottom steps. "Is he ever happy?" I questioned as I untied my hair from the braid I had on.

"Only when he gets called the 'golden' something." He answered. "Egotistical bastard." I heard him mutter under his breath.

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle hearing that. It was true. John Gilbert and Logan Fell were so similar, shame they hated each other. The only similarities they had were their obsessive nature over vampires and their shared interest in Jenna.

Hate to say it but Jenna had a type, the vampire hunter. Even if she didn't know Mr Saltzman was one or that vampires existed. I used to wonder if Jenna ever had a thing for my uncle since they were so close. Plus my uncle was Jenna's type, a vampire hunter.

Well, I didn't really have to ask. Uncle Nate would shoot that down really quick. He always did whenever grandma Janine or my mom would ask with Jenna in the background quietly agreeing with my uncle. A shame, they could've been pretty good together

"What are you thinking about?" Uncle Nate asked, glancing down at me.

"You and Jenna." I answered without hesitation. "I think you two would make a—"

"No." He shot me down quickly. He turned away from me and walked towards the kitchen. "She's seeing Ric and she's just a good friend."

"Right." I said, unconvinced.

"That reminds me..." He trailed off, turning away from me.

Uncle Nate then took out two glasses and opened one of the overhead cabinets. Taking out a black glass jar with a silver top, he placed it on the counter. Then he grabbed the glasses and filled them up with warm water before unscrewing the tightly sealed jar and taking out a few sprigs of dried vervain.

He dropped the vervain into the marble pestle and mortar nearby, crushing it into fine dust. Then he added the powdered vervain to the two glasses of water. He opened another cabinet and took out the honey pot.

Using a spoon, he distributed a few spoonfuls of honey into each of the glasses before giving it a stir.

He passed a glass to me while keeping the other. "Drink up."