𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾: 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚛

"So they found Vicki?" Bonnie asked

"So they found Vicki?" Bonnie asked. Her voice was hushed and quiet like she was watching her back.

I nodded before I answered. Sighing, I picked up my paintbrush and held it up in front of the painting. There was no point procrastinating. "Yeah. It's—uh—been rough."

Bonnie hummed lightly. "I can imagine." She sighed. "You shouldn't blame yourself Ava. If anything—" She paused as she hummed a little louder. I heard footsteps on the other side of the phone. "—Damon's the one to blame." She continued.

"Yeah but I pretty much helped him hide her body." I answered with a grimace. It was true. "So I've been going in and out of the Donovan house. My parents were back in town. Mom stayed over at Matt's to help Kelly—she just went back yesterday. My dad went back two days ago."

"I heard. And Caroline's been baking her shoes off." She giggled thinking about our blonde friend. I did feel bad for her.

Matt had been acting weird around her and strangely going to Elena or even me for comfort. It was making me uncomfortable. Caroline at least understood where I stood but Elena, on the other hand. She still felt small next to her, I hated it but I couldn't do much.

"You should've seen Kelly's reaction to her." I laughed, remembering Kelly's awkward smile and face when Caroline was not in the room.

I was on my best friend's side, no doubt. However, it was hilarious to see the two go at it with each other. A small break from all the grieving Matt said.

"Lemme guess, one step away from throwing it all on Caroline's face." I made a sound in response, confirming her answer. "I don't get why Kelly doesn't like Caroline."

"Well, isn't it obvious? She hates the Sheriff. High School stuff. Y'know the usual." Kelly was nice as a person but she was someone who was still stuck in the past. At least that's what my mom once said.

I didn't really know her much. Like my mom said, Kelly still held onto grudges from her teenage years. Her young mind had stunted her ability to be a better parent and had subsequently led to Matt and Vicki parenting themselves.

I vaguely remembered my mom and Miranda, Elena's mom, arguing with Kelly over this when I was ten at a birthday party for Vicki that my mom threw.

She never changed.

It was clear from the way she acted and treated Caroline that she wasn't going to change at all but I didn't have the heart to tell Matt. Then again I guess Matt knew that too, deep down.

"So she dislikes Caroline by default." Bonnie stated, bringing me back to where we were.

"Pretty much." I nodded and placed the brush down, sitting back to take a look at the semi-finished piece. "By the way, how's—um—y'know, staying at your aunt's." The wind brushed past me lightly.

Bonnie whistled. "Kinda boring. I miss you guys." Sheila's death was still fresh in her mind and mine. I hated to bring it up but I missed my witchy friend.