𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾: 𝙻𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗

Bonnie came out of the shower, dressed and threw her used towel into my laundry basket

Bonnie came out of the shower, dressed and threw her used towel into my laundry basket. I sat on the floor with a canvas in front of me and a paintbrush in my hand. She grabbed her phone and started calling someone.

"No luck?" I asked, mixing some red with green before bringing the newly mixed color to the canvas and filling inside the outline of the flowers on the canvas.

"Nope, just goes straight to voicemail." Bonnie flopped down on my bed and lay down. "You know I should be used to this but it's kinda getting annoying how Elena always bails on us."

"Yeah well. I can't exactly complain."

"Not to compare or anything but you never ditched us for a boy—who's also a vampire."

"Because I literally have no one. Remember? Single by choice. Give her a break, I think Stefan and her probably talked and they're back again."

"Endless cycle—kinda like you and Damon." I looked up at Bonnie with a dead look and through my paint brush into the small pot of water and got up. "Hey, I'm just saying. There's a lot of pushing and pulling."

"Except he's into Elena, mostly because she looks exactly like Katherine. Elena is in my words a lighter version of Katherine, someone human, not bitchy and actually caring."

"True but I'm starting to think otherwise, like—" Bonnie dried her hair off as the door to my room opened. "Hey, Nate."

"Hey, I just dropped by to tell Ava something." Uncle Nate waved at me but he didn't look too happy. If anything he looked tired. "They found a body drained of blood in the outskirts of town near an abandoned dirt parking lot."

I got up from the floor and went over to him. "Vampires?" I asked as Bonnie sat up, curious. Uncle Nate nodded. "Do you think we missed a couple of tomb vampires?" I questioned.

"Even if we did they wouldn't be stupid to come anywhere near this town."

"Well they do say something about age—" Before Bonnie could finish, her phone started to ring incessantly. Uncle Nate motioned her to pick up or check her phone. She finally picked it up after the fifth ring. "It's Jeremy..." She sounded surprised and quickly left the room to take the call.

"Wonder what that's about?" Uncle Nate watched Bonnie leave and looked at me. I didn't know so I shrugged. "Well, since she's gone. I tried to find some stuff on Katherine."

I picked up my canvas and moved it out of the way, putting it to a safe corner away from people. "Why do I feel like you found nothing?" I commented.

"Give me a break." He ruffled his messy hair and took a sip of coffee from his mug. He was tired, really tired. "I'm doing my thesis and even with your aunt Evie's reluctant help, there's not much I can go on. Do you know how common the name 'Petrova' or 'Petrov' is? Like there's Petrovas and Petrovs everywhere in Eastern Europe."