𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎

En başından başla

Bonnie and I had to let him know that she wouldn't. Jeremy was back home and those two needed a long talk before things would be fine. Of course, I didn't tell Matt and Caroline the last part. I just told them she needed some much needed rest.

Matt was somewhat disappointed but Caroline was a little happy. I rolled my eyes at her response as did Bonnie. Could she at least pretend to be upset?

"Are we expecting anyone?" Matt questioned looking at us. Caroline shrugged while Bonnie looked confused.

"Maybe it's your mom." I joked staring at Caroline who glared at me as she jokingly slapped my arm. I laughed and went to open the door. My smile dimmed when I noticed the boy at the door.

"Tyler?"

Tyler stood at the door, looking lost. His eyes wandered around behind me before he flashed an awkward smile at me. I heard some sound of footsteps before Matt came out. He and I shared a look then turned to stare at Tyler.

"Hey, I just came to check up on Matt." Tyler started.

"You saw me. I'm fine. You can leave." Matt retorted, reaching for the door and pushing me aside.

Tyler moved quicker as he placed himself on the threshold of the doorway, using his body to stop Matt from closing the door. He flinched when the door hit his shoulder and backed off for a second before using his hand to hold the door open.

Caroline appeared, standing next to me. "Tyler, what are you doing here?"

"Came to check on Matt."

I noticed then that Tyler kept touching his left arm or moving it away from the door. He was being careful with that arm. Maybe I was overthinking but maybe. The music in the background stopped.

From the living room, Bonnie shouted that the movie was set and the food was getting cold.

Caroline and Matt shared a look, trying to decide what to do next without being overly rude or anything. But knowing either, they'd let their heart decide and it would not end well.

Matt was still very much pissed off at Tyler and Caroline lacked filter, well, so did I but I was more logical. If either of them were left to make the next move, Tyler would get even more hurt than he already was. I could imagine his injury was not a simple coincidence.

"You guys, I might have ordered too much and I don't think there's gonna be enough space for you to keep the rest as leftovers." It was an excuse and I hoped it would work but much to my dismay Matt moved forward and nudged Caroline. "Just maybe, it would be nice to have an extra person in..."

"Fine. This doesn't change anything." He said, moving to the kitchen to grab his share of the meal before moving to the living room.

Caroline silently followed, leaving me and Tyler in the small foyer at the foot of the stairs.

"Thanks." Tyler said, coming in. He took off his coat and hung it up.

"Don't mention it." I walked to the kitchen and Tyler followed me. I grabbed another plate and started plating his share before passing it to him. He took it with his right arm, thanking me as he did so.

I walked up to him, grabbing my plate on the way and standing right in front of him. "Did your—um—dad—do something again?"

"Sometimes, I hate how observant you are." Tyler remarked, checking if we were alone.

"So that's a yes."

"He's still not over the fact that I embarrassed him and the Lockwood name like I know I screwed up but it's one thing for Matt to be pissed off at me cause I did screw up. I admit. Matt has every right to hate me and if it weren't for you, I wouldn't even be standing in his kitchen. But there's another thing for my dad to act this way. Why can't he just be like most dads. You know say he's disappointed and move on but nope. Though now I should be used to it."