Chapter 33: Erin POV

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What are you-" I started but then a heavy metal clamp, clamped around them. I sucked air in through my teeth to stop myself from screaming in pain. I could already feel the fresh blood dripping down my back.

Then my blindfold was roughly ripped off my face and I blinked in the extreme yellow light that cast an eerie glow over the whole place. I was facing a decently large cell. Coils of chains lay on the ground on either side, parallel to each other.

I saw Scott beside me, looking around. I saw a spasm of fear pass quickly across his face right after we made eye contact.

The door of the cell creaked open, and Gem dragged me and Scott inside. She unhooked Scott's cuffs from each other and hooked them to the coils, and they did the same to mine. Unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky as Scott, and I didn't get my neck clasp taken off.

I glared at Gem as she made sure my chains were fastened tightly. I tried adjusting my sitting position, but the tip of my wing dragged across the metal wall, pulling at the rest and I winced as the broken bones cracked against each other.

"We can get that fixed after questioning." Gem said in a neither friendly nor hostile way. Just as if she were stating a fact. Although I'm almost positive I saw a trace of pity on her face, and that made me angry.

Gem could probably sense my fury, so she stood up and stepped back, glancing over my chains as if to double check. Then she left the cell and shut the door behind her. Fwhip stepped up the keypad and dialed several numbers, at least a dozen. I heard a pressurized something and two metal sheets began to close in front of the bars.

I felt a stab of fear when I realized we were about to be left in complete darkness, and I saw a smirk on Fwhip's face right before the doors shut. Everything was pitch black for just a second before a lightbulb on the ceiling flickered on and four cameras at all corners of the room turned on, casting a sort of weird red glow.

"Are you ok?" Scott said in a low voice.

I looked away. "I don't know, am I?" I snapped.

Scott's face fell. "Erin I'm sorry about what I said in the train. I didn't mean-"

"Then why'd you say it?" I said, trying to stop my lip from trembling. "Normally when people blurt things out its because they had been trying not to say it."

Scott didn't answer.

See? He doesn't care. What's the point of holding on anymore...?

And the voice was right. I suddenly felt an avalanche of hatred towards Scott pour over me. But why did I hate him again...?

I closed my eyes tightly, trying to get rid of the feeling but it kept getting stronger until it was all that I felt.

"Erin what's-" Scott started again.

"HOW ABOUT FOR ONCE YOU SHUT UP!" I screamed at him. "IT'S ALWAYS SCOTT THIS, SCOTT THAT, WHAT ABOUT HOW I FEEL? HONESTLY, IF I HAD JUST LEFT RIVENDALE, I WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION RIGHT NOW!"

A look of absolute fear and anxiety crossed Scott's face as my voice echoed off the walls of the room. "Erin- Erin get a hold of yourself." He said quietly.

"GET A HOLD OF MYSELF!? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET A HOLD OF MYSELF!? WE ARE CURRENTLY INSIDE OF THE WORLDS MOST HIGH SECURITY PRISON WITH NO WAY TO ESCAPE AND NO FRIENDS TO BREAK US OUT! WHO LANDED US HERE HUH? SO DON'T TELL ME TO-..."

"Please." Scott said and I swear I saw a tear run down his face and his ears seemed to droop. That made me shut up.

Scott leaned against the wall and covered his face with his hands. I just stared at him. Then I noticed he was trembling. "I-I'm sorry. I never- I never meant for- for any of this to happen." He said in a barely audible whisper.

I was speechless. But my silence was loud in the small room. So instead of answering him I turned around and studied my bounds. There were roughly 10 feet of chains connecting the cuffs I was wearing to the wall. A metal panel reinforced it and the chains traveled deeper into the wall than I could see.

I twisted my body, so I was facing the panel and dug my fingernails in between the panel and the wall, trying to pry it out.

"What are you...-" Scott started.

I grunted as I tried to pull the metal from the concrete-seeming walls. My fingernails started to bleed, and I started to lose circulation in the tips of my fingers from squeezing them into the tight space.

"Stop, Erin you're going to hurt yourself!" Scott said. I, of course, ignored him.

I had managed to pull the plate a few centimeters from the wall when I heard a loud ringing, almost like a shriek begin to vibrate around the cell, canceling out all other noise. I immediately let go of the plate and pressed my hands against my ears as the sound went on. I couldn't even hear myself scream over it. I felt blood start to drip down my neck from my ears when the sound finally stopped.

"Sorry!" Came Fwhip's overjoyed voice from one of the cameras that apparently had a loudspeaker in it. I mean, come on, we can have talking cameras but not cars in every kingdom? BS. "Just testing it out. It'll turn on every time you step out of line. So, I suggest you don't try to break anything Phoenix."

"STOP CALLING ME PHOENIX!" I screamed at the camera.

"Uh, uh. I've got my finger over the button, Major." He said.

"I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOUR STUPID BUTTON!"

The horrible sound started again, and I clamped my hands over my ears right before it stopped. "I think you will in a few days." Fwhip said, and I heard a beeping noise that meant the loudspeaker had been turned off.

I looked at Scott with wide eyes. Fresh blood was dripping from his ears as well and he looked terrified.

"Uh oh." I peeped.