chapter 48

A/N: Hi, Amores! I miscalculated. One or two chapters more before the Epilogue. It depends. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Enjoy reading and have a nice weekend!

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

The next few days, I felt so down because I've been missing Xzavier so much. Every move I made, I always thought about him and whenever I woke up in the morning and felt the empty space beside me, it was bringing me unexplainable emptiness, sadness and longing.

I used to sleep alone in my room but when Xzavier and I moved in together, everything changed. I couldn't sleep properly without him by my side and it was driving me crazy.

Then, I couldn't take it anymore and made a decision that even my parents couldn't do anything to change my mind. To go and see the love of my life.

I knew that Xzavier wouldn't be happy of my decision because of my current condition but I discussed about it to my doctor before carrying out my plan of flying to the USA and she gave me her go signal.

Thankfully, my flight was smooth and didn't have any problem until I arrived at the hotel. I freshened up a bit, took a good 2 hours nap before going to MGC to see Xzavier.

"Good afternoon, Miss. How may I help you?" The woman at the front desk asked me. I smiled back at her.

"I'm here to see Mr. Cryxus Xzavier Montaño."

"Do you have an appointment with the CEO, Miss?"

"No, I don't have." Of course, they wouldn't let me in just like that.

"Sorry, Miss. But the CEO is busy right now. If you want, we can book you an appointment with him but it depends on the reason if we could give you one." I huffed, beginning to feel frustrated. I flew all the way here to the USA just to see Xzavier and surprise him and I wouldn't let my plan to get ruined.

"Just tell him that Sabina Martins is here. I'm sure, he won't mind seeing me." I answered with a formal face and that surprised her a little. A tremulous smile then appeared on her face and was about to dial on the telephone when someone spoke behind me.

"Sabina? Is that you?" I turned around upon hearing that familiar voice.

"Ezron? Is that you?"

He grinned. "The one and only."

"Oh, my! I didn't expect to see you here after all these years. How have you been?" I happily questioned.

"Doing better than before. Anyway, what are you doing here? Why don't you go up to X's office?"

"Well, I don't have an appointment that's why I can't—"

"—That's nonsense! You're his girlfriend, for fùck's sake! Don't tell me, he doesn't want you to come here that's why he's pulling this nonsense?"

I chuckled. "No, silly. He doesn't know that I'm here, actually. I wanted to surprise him that's why I flew here to the USA without informing him beforehand."

"Ah, okay. I thought, he's lost his mind." He then looked at the lady at the front desk with a suave smile. "Janine, this is Sabina Martins and he's Cryxus' girlfriend." The woman smiled and nodded her head.

"Noted, Sir Ezron."

"Let's go. I'll take you to his office." We then walked towards the elevator.

"Do you have an appointment with him?" I inquired curiously while we were inside the elevator, going up.