chapter 13

HAPPY WEEKEND, AMORES! Enjoy reading. :)

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

I didn't have the time to text nor call Xzavier because Father Nicolas didn't allow me out of his sight until we had to leave the room where my mother was held captive. Of course, they blindfolded me so that I wouldn't see which part of Safe Haven my mother was. They finally took my blindfold off me when we reached a certain place.

"You can leave us now." I heard Father Nicolas instructed and the guard obliged right away. I looked at the guard, hoping that it was Xzavier but I could tell that this man wasn't him.

"Is there something wrong, Sabina? Why are you staring at that guard?" My jaw flexed as I met his gaze coldly.

"It's none of your business."

His nostrils flared in anger. "Stop talking to me like that, Sabina. Don't test my patience because you wouldn't like it when I get mad." Instead of getting scared, I laughed sarcastically.

"What would the people here in Safe Haven say if they saw you like this? They would surely lose any admiration and respect they have for you." I thought, he was about to really get mad because he looked taken a back for a couple of seconds. But I was surprised when he suddenly laughed.

"I know what you're trying to do, Sabina. You're deliberately trying to piss me off in order to ruin my mood for today so that I would just leave you alone. Am I right?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I answered and took a step backward, trying to get away from him as far as I could. I furtively looked around us. You were in the sole park of Safe Haven which was located near the Safe Haven's headquarters.

"In three days, you will finally be mine, Sabina, and I want everything to be perfect. I brought you here because I have a surprise for you." I was about to tell him that I wasn't interested in his surprise one bit when I noticed something behind him.

There were foods on the table nearby. Looked like two people were about to eat there judging by how it was set. Not just that. They decorated the whole place with lots of flowers. I didn't notice it right away because my mind was occupied, thinking about lots of stuff.

"What is the meaning of this?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows and he smiled. But instead of answering, he held out his hand for me and that's when we suddenly heard music coming from somewhere, getting closer to our direction.

Then, I saw someone playing a violin. It looked like it was one of the guards because he was wearing a mask on.

"May I have the pleasure of dancing with you, my future wife." I felt like cold shivers ran down my spine after hearing what he just said. I looked at his hand before I shook my head. His eyes turned into slits.

"You're really testing me, Sabina. I've been trying my best to be good to you but looks like you're taking me for granted." He then took out his cellphone from the pocket of his slacks and called for someone.

"Go to Sarah's room and you know what to do to her." He instructed the person on the other line and my eyes widened as panic rose within me.

"Wait! What are you saying? What are you going to do with my mom?!"

"You don't want to hear it, Sabina." He tsked. "You're the one who made me do this so you only have yourself to blame." I could tell that he was really serious this time and incomparable fear invaded my heart, knowing that my mother was in grave danger.