chapter 31

Happy weekend, Amores! Enjoy. ❤️

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

I reluctantly smiled when the door opened and my mother came into view. She was looking at me seriously, wasn't sure if she was mad at me or not with that serious face.

"I'm sorry for not coming home right away when Henry came to call me. S-Something just came up." I said guiltily.

"You know that I hate it when you don't eat on time. I made a snack, expecting that you'd come home but it's the same. You didn't come right away. What were you doing in the three house anyway?" She was staring at me like a hawk and for some reason, I got uncomfortable that she might see telltales of what just happened between me and Xzavier a while ago.

Well, I fixed myself before coming home but for some reason, I felt like she would discover about it even without me saying anything about it. I bit my lip and was about to answer when I noticed her look past me as if she saw someone behind.

"Mr. Montaño? You're still here? I thought, you already went home?" My body went still. Why the heck did he follow me home?! This guy!

"I was about to, Mrs. Martins, but something happened that changed my mind. I'm here for—"

"—He's here to get the book that he lent me before he left the ranch." I interrupted like an idiot and when I realized how lame I sounded, I almost hit my own head. I mean, why would he come all the way here just for a book, right?

"Book?" My mom parroted confusedly.

"She's just messing around, Mrs. Martins. To be honest, Sabina didn't want me coming to your house but I just wanted to make sure that she would be safe until she gets home." I bit my lower lip and had the urge to tell him not to say anything about what happened in the tree house but I knew that I couldn't do that.

I turned around and faced him.

"Are you crazy?! The tree house is just a couple of meters away from our house!" I hissed; a little bit embarrassed. Everyone who was present when we were at the waterfalls heard his confession including my parents and I knew that mom already knew that he didn't come for any book.

Xzavier didn't even blink an eye of my loud voice and seemed so serious about what he just said.

"That's so thoughtful of you, Mr. Montaño. Thank you for making sure that Sabina would be safe."

"I love your daughter, Mrs. Martins, that's why I'll do everything to protect her from any harm." My cheeks went red like tomatoes. I didn't expect that he would actually say that to my mother. Well, he even declared his love for me in front of everyone during my birthday.

I gave him a look, silently telling him to just go home but he just smiled at me. I sneered at him. He's so persistent! Before I came home, I already told him to go home but he said that he wouldn't go home because we had to talk but I refused. Not because I didn't want to but because I had to go home because I knew that my mother was already pissed at me for not going home right away.

I left him there but didn't expect that he would actually follow me home.

"Do what you want!" I snapped at him and then went inside the house.

"She seems to be in a bad mood again." I overheard my mom say and my steps came to a halt. I thought, she would tell Xzavier to go home now since it was already getting late but the next thing she said surprised me.