chapter 19

Have a nice weekend, Amores. :)

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

Everyone was in the party that no one saw Xzavier taking me somewhere against my will. I was hitting his back, hoping that he would put me down by doing that but I was wrong. Then, after I didn't know how long, he finally put me down on my feet.

"I just want us to talk without any disturbance, Ina. You don't have to act like I'm kidnapping you or something." Instead of responding, I slapped him in the face because of anger. Even I was surprised of what I did. It was my first time slapping someone but I didn't care anymore. I was mad.

"Damn you! Who do you think you are to show yourself here and act like this as if you didn't do anything?!" I was already full of rage that my voice was loud. My whole body was shaking and I felt like I was about to explode in anger.

"Ina, please. All I'm asking from you right now is a chance to listen to me."

I scoffed. "Listen to you? I don't think so. You don't have the right to demand anything from me. You lost the right three and a half years ago!" I then turned my back on him and was planning to leave him there but he spoke.

"Are you that mad that you can't even give me at least five minutes of your time to explain my side?" I gritted my teeth and pivoted to look at him.

"For what? For you to make a fool out of me again like what you did in the past?" I shook my head. "No. I don't think so. If you managed to play with me back then, that won't ever happen again. I'm no longer the naïve and innocent Sabina that you met in the mountains." I then marched my way back to the party.

I was almost at the entrance when he did the unexpected. He followed me and hugged me from behind tightly. I gasped as my body went immobile like a statue.

"I missed you so much." He whispered full of emotion and that surprised me. I didn't expect him to say that. My heart was beating like a drum and for some reason, I lost the capability to speak for a moment.

"I know that I don't have the right to demand anything from you after what happened but I have to say it. After all these years, I did my best to just forget about you so that you could live in peace but I couldn't take it anymore.

"When my parents told me to come here, I was afraid of sowing myself to you but when I finally saw you and with another man at that, I lost it. I felt like dying seeing another guy dancing and holding your hand. That's when I realized that I couldn't just give up on us. Not now, not ever. I just can't." I felt my eyes heated as it brimmed with tears but I did my best to blink them back. Now, after seeing him again and hearing him say those words, it brought back the pain in my heart again.

"Let go of me. I don't want anything to do with you anymore." I uttered firmly. He shook his head.

"No. You're only saying that because you're mad."

"I said, let go of me!" I forcefully unwrapped his arms from hugging me and then faced him bravely. "I don't want to see you ever again." Raw pain registered on his face but I was too angry to notice it. After saying that, I walked away from him.

"My Ina, please." I heard him beg and I smiled mirthlessly. It has been so long since the last time I heard him call me that endearment and if the situation was different, my heart would surely swell. But everything's different now. I was too hurt and I didn't know how to give the chance that he was asking for me to listen to his explanation. It's already took late for that.