🛹 Explanation 🛹

This will be set after Langa's race basically after the S squad hug 🥹

After Langa's win the group would've been celebrating. Going to Joe's restaurant and partying until it was time to head home. They would've played board games, argued with one another while playing Uno.

But they couldn't. Not tonight. Tomorrow they'll celebrate, but tonight they needed answers from a certain red head.

Sure, Langa knew the reasoning for Reki's sudden disappearance and distancing himself, but the others didn't. They did know something happened between Reki and Langa they just didn't know the whole story. And Reki felt like they deserved to know.

After the race a lot of people congratulated Langa, praising him for his skills and how he beat Adam. After everyone congratulated him the group headed off to Joe's restaurant. Ready to hear what Reki has to say.

The car ride was quiet, the only sounds being from Miya playing his switch. Reki and Langa were sitting in the back, the red head was picking at his fingers, his knee bouncing up and down. He was beyond nervous at telling the rest of his friends the reasoning for his behavior. He was afraid of what they will say or think. He didn't want them to think he was weak.

His mind was racing with thousands of thoughts of how this could play out until he felt a hand hold his. He looked up and saw Langa looking back at him with a loving look only reserved for Reki.

"It'll be fine. They'll understand." Langa whispered in the red head's ear. Langa pulled him closer towards him wrapping an arm around him, hoping it'll comfort him and keep the thoughts at bay.

~~~

They finally made it to the restaurant. After Joe unlocked it they all went it, Reki took a seat Langa sitting right next to him while the others stood, expect Shadow who was still in his wheelchair.

Reki's heart was racing his thoughts from before coming back again. His foot starting bouncing up and down he hid his face in his hands not wanting to look up at the group. Langa put his hand on Reki's thigh reminding the red head he's here.

"Take your time, Reki. Don't rush yourself." Joe's soothing voice said. It managed to calm Reki down a bit as he slowly gathered himself, thinking of what to say.

"Okay. Okay. I'm ready." Reki mumbled. Face still hidden by his hands. He took a few deep breathes preparing himself for whatever will happen next.

"This... This isn't your guys' fault, okay." Reki started off. He didn't want them to think it was their fault, sure, what Shadow and Miya said flashed through his mind but he's fine with it.

"It... It started at S one night, after we returned from the hot springs. I overheard people talking about Langa, they mentioned me but just as the red head. T-They said I was unimportant, a lowlife, and how there was no reason to remember me and it... hurt..." Reki took in a deep breath, trying not to cry.

"I got upset and jealous. Everyone praises Langa for his skateboarding, they KNOW him. But... But they don't know ME. I was the one who taught Langa to skate, I made him a board to help him, I introduced him to skating. But they didn't know me and it got to me." Reki was starting to pull at his hair, Langa took notice and rubbed his arm to make him loosen it.

"I just started comparing myself to him. He's only been skating for a few months while I've been skating for years and he's better than me. I then started comparing myself to the rest of you. You're all so talented and amazing meanwhile I'm not. I'm nothing. I'm not talented like you and I'm not amazing like you." Reki was already starting to cry, he didn't care he just needed to let them know.