Chapter 30: Erin POV

Începe de la început

"But why?" I asked.

"You monster..." Gem muttered. "How have you...you reanimated a dragon...the level of power needed to do a much smaller creature. That's the highest form of dark magic!"

I giggled. "I know. I'm a natural am I right?" I looked around at all the rulers. Scott and Lizzie had been facing each other but they were staring up at me. Jimmy looked shaken and his eyes were wide with fear. Joey was glaring at me. Sausage was clutching at his chest which was bleeding freely. Fwhip was leaned up against a large boulder. Huh, I didn't know ankles could go in that direction. Shrub was still on her wolf and Katherine, Pixl and Gem were all just staring at me. Elven bodies were strewn across the ground.

A deep growling suddenly came from the dragon's throat, and I smirked. Fire spurted from its maw, and it dove down towards the rulers, spraying them with fire. Gem whistled and after a moment I started to hear wingbeats. Another dragon. A purple one, the color of amethyst. It definitely was brighter than the steel grey one I was riding.

Gem grabbed onto the stirrup and launched herself into the saddle. I landed my dragon and she landed hers so that we were circling each other. "You are disobeying the laws of nature Phoenix..." Gem said. "There will be consequences."

I rolled my eyes. "You're so dramatic." I said. The glares we were sending each other were so filled with hatred and disgust, I was surprised Gem was capable of it. No, actually, I wasn't, Gem's a hypocrite.

Everyone was backing up and from the corner of my eye, I saw the terrified look on Scott's face.

"Scott, what do we do?" Lizzie peeped. Scott's head snapped toward her.

"Why are you asking me!?" he cried. "You were just trying to kill me a few seconds ago!"

"Oh right." Lizzie said. "Gem what do we do!?"

Gem didn't answer, we just kept circling each other on the dragons. A small grin spread across my face; I had her right where I wanted her. I yanked on the dragon's reigns, and it lunged forward, slashing at the other's throat.

Gem's jumped backward and whipped at me with its tail. I jumped from the saddle, six feet into the air to avoid getting swept off and back into the chasm.

As I landed back in the saddle, I heard a deep rumbling from my dragon's throat. It reared its head and spewed fire everywhere before it dived toward Gem and clawed at her dragon's face. Blood started to pour from in between its scales and my dragon managed to rake out the other's right eye.

Then Gem's dragon lunged and tackled mine. We were thrown to the ground, and I pressed myself against the saddle to avoid getting thrown off again while the dragons grappled with each other.

The rulers had to jump out of the way of the fight, or they would have been crushed by our 2-ton dragons. At one point my dragon rolled across the ground, and I had to smash myself into the saddle so I wouldn't get crushed in between the dragon and the ground.

I gripped the reigns and streams of magic shot down them and absorbed into my dragon's skin. An eerie red glow started to come from in between its scales and from its mouth before black fire exploded from its mouth, enveloping Gem's dragon, and sending it skidding.

I leapt from the saddle and sprinted down my dragon's neck and up onto its head as fast as I could before jumping and launching myself. I landed hard on Gem's dragon's snout on my right foot before sliding down the neck and smashing into Gem.