Hidden Royality (Darkstalker & Reader)

Start from the beginning

Then, there was a light knock on their door. (N/n) picked up their (s/c) neck and head, their (e/c) eyes peering over towards the door.
" Starlight? ", Darkstalker's voice called.
" Come in! ", They chirped, their joy growing.

With the permission, Darkstalker curled inside their room.
" This will be difficult. ", Darkstalker whispered to himself, with a deep sigh.
" What's wrong, dad? ", (N/n) asked, growing concerned.
" Well, today is the day I was dreading so loathingly. ", Darkstalker admitted, seeming defeated.

" Oh no, what's today? ", (N/n) questioned, flaring their (s/c) wings with worry.
" Well, I'm too dangerous, starlight. I can't go on like this. ", Darkstalker told them.
" What do you mean? Of course, you can. You're not dangerous. ", (N/n) argued.
" I wish that was the case, my darling. However, my friends and my mother think otherwise. ", Darkstalker confessed.
" Your mother? ", (N/n) asked, tilting their head to the side.
" Yes, she's here. Would you like to meet her? ", Darkstalker offered.
" Yeah, I would like to meet my grandma. ", (N/n) stated, with a small skip of their talons.

With a flick of a wing and inaudible gesturing, another NightWing slipped into the room. She had deep, dark green scales and eyes. Her gaze was kind and the smile upon her lips as well.

" Hello, (N/n). It's such a pleasure to meet you. ", Foeslayer greeted.
" Grandma! ", (N/n) exclaimed, practically curling into her talons.
" They're such the affectionate one, aren't they? ", Foeslayer pointed out, looking at her son.
" Yes, they're such a treasure, mother. Worth more than all the NightWing gold and jewels. ", Darkstalker agreed with a nod.

After the small (s/c) dragonet pulled away, Foeslayer's expression changed to a serious one.
" Now, your father needs to tell you something important. ", She prompted, glancing at Darkstalker.
" What is it, dad? ", (N/n) questioned, innocently.
Darkstalker winced, recoiling with a negative and uncomfortable expression.

After moments of hesitation, Darkstalker finally opened his mouth to speak.
" Starlight, we can't live in the castle anymore. We have to start our lives over again. It's unfortunate that it had to come to this, but it was the path that future decided to take. However, he can still live in the tribe, unrecognized by any tribe. It is for the best, darling. I'm so sorry this happened. ", Darkstalker confessed, looking away from them.
" So, what are you doing to do? ", (N/n) asked, shocked by this unexpected news.
" I'm doing to enchant myself and you to be typical NightWing habitants. We'll live in the Rainforest with the rest of our tribe. ", Darkstalker told them.
" Will I still have my powers? ", (N/n) questioned, remembering their shape-shifting ability.

Darkstalker hadn't thought about that.
" Well, perhaps. However, you can't use them unless absolutely necessary. They will keep you safe in your arsenal. ", Darkstalker pointed out.
" Will I still end up being the next NightWing ruler? ", They asked, fiddling with their (f/g) embedded necklace in their (s/c) talon.
" It is a possibility, however there is already a queen in place where we will live. So, it's your decision if you still wish to rule or not. ", He stated.

(N/n) thought for a moment, then opening their jaws to speak.
" I'll be happy if I'm with you. It doesn't matter if I end up ruling or not. ", They admitted, ending it with that adorable smile of theirs.
Darkstalker felt his heart melt hearing their intoxicatingly sweet words.
" Alright, starlight. Now, may I see your necklace? ", Darkstalker asked, in a soft tone.

With a nod, (N/n) slipped off their (f/g) embedded gold tinted necklace off their (s/c) neck and placed it in Darkstalker's talon.
" Thank you, darling. ", He sweetly stated, holding up the necklace.
He quickly enchanted it for them to unrecognizable and toned down the previous enchantment.

" Here's your necklace back. ", He stated, giving it back to them.
" Thank you. ", (N/n) thanked, slipping it back on their (s/c) neck.

Then, Darkstalker took a deep breath and sighed.
" Now, it's my turn. ", He prompted, peering down at his dark talons.

Quickly, he began to shrink and his IceWing scales disappeared. His eyes were now a dark blue (more of a dark icy blue), combining the colors of his pervious eyes.
" Now to think of a name. ", Darkstalker noted, in a higher pitched voice than normal.

After a moment, it was clear that Darkstalker figured out a new name for himself.
" Voiddreamer. What do you think of it? ", Darkstalker asked (N/n).
" I think I like it. It's like you dream in the void, making it brighter. ", (N/n) observed.
Foeslayer winced, remembering how she and Arctic quarreled over the naming of Darkstalker.

" Alright, I'm now Voiddreamer. Now, you must pick a new name. ", Voiddreamer prompted.
(N/n) thought for a multitude of moments. Their (e/c) eyes flickering with wonder and questions.
" What about (F/n)? ", (N/n) suggested.
" I think that fits you perfectly, my starlight. ", Voiddreamer chuckled.

" So, I'm (F/n). Grandma, are you doing to change your name? ", (F/n) asked, peering over at Foeslayer.
" Ah, yes. I was thinking of Hope. It's simple and sweet. I think it fits quite well. ", Foeslayer / Hope suggested.
" I like it, Hope. ", (F/n) repeated, flicking their (s/c) tail with joy.

" Are you ready to rejoin the tribe? ", Hope asked, glancing to Voiddreamer and (F/n).
" Yes, mother. I am. ", Voiddreamer stated.
" Yeah! ", (F/n) expressed, hopping on their (s/c) talons.

- Timeskip -

It's been a couple of months since the three NightWings rejoined their tribe. So, Moon decided to visit them.

It was early morning when Moon arrived in the Rainforest. The sun was shining softly upon the various leaves and the soft grassy forest floor. When Moon found the right cottage, she knocked on the door.

Soon, the door opened to reveal Voiddreamer.
" Hello Moon. What brings you here? ", Voiddreamer greeted in a quiet voice.
" I just thought of visiting you is all- ", Moon answered, then was slightly interrupted by Voiddreamer carefully placing his talon on Moon's mouth.
" Shhhh. ", He stated, peering down.

Moon followed his line of vision and spotted a (s/c) dragonet curled up in his talons. He was holding the sleeping form of (F/n).

" Oh, I'm sorry! ", Moon expressed, in a very hushed voice.
" You're all good. ", Voiddreamer chuckled, quietly.
" Awwww. ", Moon cooed.
" I know. They're still my dragonet after all. ", Voiddreamer stated, feeling his heart melt as he glanced down at his dragonet.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hehe, fluffy Darkstalker (AKA Voiddreamer) time.

I thought of changing my decision on Voiddreamer. But then I remembered the dual meaning of Darkstalker's name and I was like CONNECTION >:0

So, I ended up keeping my original idea. I hope you like the fake name I picked for him :)

Published: Dec. 18th / 2022

(Edited: Mar. 31st / 2024)