S42

Persephone's pov

I wake up, but I don't move. I stay in my bed with my eyes closed. The duvet is wrapped around my body bringing me comfort. I haven't had such a good night of sleep in ages. It feels like it was just what I needed. 

I stretch out my arms, not planning on walking out of the bed any time soon. I smile to myself, weirdly feeling comfortable and rested.

I close my eyes and plan to spend the time resting even more. I roll onto the other side and hide my face in the softness of the duvet.

I hear a muffled voice coming from somewhere in the apartment. I don't pay much attention to it. I can hear my neighbors all day long, the walls are thin. You can hear everything.

That's when it hit me.

I abruptly sit on the bed. My hair falls on my face, covering my open mouth as I open them. The pain radiates from my back to my neck. I put both of my hands on my neck, making a face. I whimper from the pain and everything that happened in the night comes back to me. My neck begins to pulsate and my head starts to hurt. 

I hear fast steps and ignoring the pain I crawl back to push my back against the headboard. The pain is unbearable. My head starts to spin.

The door opens very fast and I close my eyes, scared that it's Jack. 

''Everything fine?'' 

Instead, I'm welcomed by Harry's calm voice. The moment he opens the door a sweet smell hits my nose and it encourages me to open my eyes. 

It's still so weird having him here after everything that's happened. I'm still shocked by seeing him. 

He has colorful, loose pants on and a simple white shirt. It looks good on him. Everything looks good on him. His hair is a bit of a mess. Some loose strands fall onto his forehead and it makes him look even younger. 

I feel bad for reacting that way as I watch his lips flatten. He doesn't move, forward or backward. He stays in place, understanding. He leans onto the jamb with his arms crossed. I sit, looking at him. 

It makes me feel even worse, almost feeling how I look and he stands a couple of feet away and looks like he's on some damn vacation. This isn't fair.

''Sorry.'' I murmur, looking at his face and he nods his head. 

''It's fine. I understand.'' He answers and for a moment there's just silence between us. I think he's just giving me more time to realize what's going on. It's so nice of him. ''Everything fine?'' He repeats his question and I nod my head.

''Yes, thank you.'' 

''Do you mind if I come closer?'' I open my eyes wider at his words, a little surprised at his question but also a little bit scared. I think he notices the look on my face, so he elaborates. ''I'll check your head.''

''My head?'' I ask, confused. I put my hand to my forehead and hiss when I touch the wound. ''Ah.'' 

''Exactly, that.'' I shake my head, letting him know that it's fine and he comes up to me. 

I move my hands away from my face and he sits on the bed, on my right. I can smell his perfume and it makes me feel even worse, knowing that I haven't had a shower in too long. 

''May I?'' He asks, pointing to my head and I answer him with a quiet 'yes'. 

That's all he needs before he takes care of the cut. The plaster is peeled off and I close my eyes at the feeling. I keep my eyes open, observing him from the corner of my eye. 

''How is it?'' 

''It's doing fine.'' He sits back, giving me some space. ''How are you feeling?'' He plays with the plaster he just took off.