S28

1/2 of the double update. Welcome baaaaackkk after a little break ;)))). Very excited about the things that are coming... Check out my short Halloween story Harry's House!

Music for this chapter:
Right Now - One Direction

Persephone's pov

Harry parks his car in front of the club and I immediately start to feel nauseous. 

What if I can't do this? If I'm too stressed? What if Jeff won't take me back? Maybe they already found someone instead of me and I'm just here making an idiot out of myself? What if he's going to ask me about what happened? I don't know what I'd tell him. I obviously can't tell the truth even if I wanted to, because I don't want Jack to go to jail. There's no way I'd explain the whole situation to my parents afterward. They'll curse me, especially my father. I'm literally and figuratively fucked.

Would it be stupid if I'd ask Harry to take me home after he took his time and drove me here?

With the corner of my eye, I took at Harry, too scared to actually turn my head. He just sits in his place, waiting for me to leave. He's been extra patient with me today and I have no words to explain how glad I am for that. 

''Are you gonna go or?'' He asks quietly, breaking the silence. His voice doesn't sound confident. He probably feels sorry for me and I already look stupid to him without even doing anything. Now I feel even more stupid. I don't want to be here at all.

''Yea, sorry.'' I shake my head, answering his question. I take a good hold of all my bags and shift in my place to open the car door, but a hand comes from the left and touches my shoulder. It causes me to flinch, which he obviously notices, pulling back with a confused look on his face. ''Sorry, I'm sorry.'' I say in a panic. ''I didn't mean to react like that, I'm just on edge.'' I explain myself. 

My eyes scan his face but don't look high enough to see his eyes. He's going to think I'm a freak and now he probably thinks I'm even more stupid. Fucking great.

''I'm really sorry. I don't want you to think that I'm afraid of you.'' I continue explaining myself. I scratch my hand, trying to feel better. ''It's just-''

''Hey, it's okay. It's fine. I shouldn't have touched you. I'm sorry.'' His words cause my eyes to slowly look at his. ''I just wanted to tell you that you can sit here and have your moment if you need it. I have time. I understand that you're nervous.'' I stare at his face, jumping between his eyes and lips with open mouth, trying to understand what he just said.

''You understand that I'm nervous?'' I repeat his words, not sure if I heard him correctly, even if it's quiet inside.

He bites his lower lip and nods his head. ''Yeah, I do.''

It may be dumb, but this is the first time in a while someone said it to me and I'm able to believe it. 

''How?'' I murmur, too scared to actually ask him that, but I want to know.

''How do I understand that you're nervous?'' His brows furrow as he speaks. I nod my head, letting him know that that's exactly my question. ''Well, uh..'' His fingers run through his hair and he moves himself to the right so he can face me. When I notice the change in his position I put my things on the car floor and turn to face him more as well. 

His fingers play with his lip as he stares at me, confused why I did what I just did. He's surprised that I want to listen to whatever he has to say. Even tho he said it to me a second ago, he's surprised that I feel comfortable enough to stay here and let him distract me from all the stress. 

I smile at him, encouraging him to speak and it works, because he breaks the silence between us with a gasp. ''I understand that you care, that it's something important to you. You want to show your best side. I experience that a lot too.'' 

''How come?'' 

He breathes the air through his nose loudly, smiling. ''Well, I'm an important person here and there. I sell products, I have to think the way customers think. I want to show them the best offers. I'm scared that it won't work, obviously.''

''But there's nobody above you. There's nothing to be scared of.'' I shrug my shoulders, not understanding. 

''That's how you see it. I have a very stressful position. I keep this whole thing going. If I won't do stuff fast and good enough I'll lose a lot.'' I play with my fingers, nodding my head. ''It's like discussing an important thing in a meeting and you're not sure if it's going to be good enough.'' 

I look out the window, watching as people walk in and out of the club. There's always a crowd.

''Plus I don't think you're doing a bad job. This is what you like and you're probably good at it.'' 

I turn back to him as something inside me strikes. 

I study his face again, surprised by what I heard from him today. He's telling me that it's okay to like what I like and work somewhere I like. He won't tell me that I'm good at my job. He'll tell me that I'm not bad, but it's his way of telling what we both understand. He's praising me.

''Thank you.'' 

I want to get out of the car, but he says my name. I look at him while grabbing my stuff.

''Do you want me to pick you up?'' I quickly think about the options that I have, but I'm out of them. Riley won't talk to me, Jack doesn't know and my parents would literally kill me.

''Uh, sure. I'll send you a message.'' 

He gives me a quick nod and smiles. I close the door and Harry opens the window. 

I look back at him, confused. ''Good luck.'' 

The simplest words can make people feel the deepest emotions.

''Thank you.''

//