S25

Harry's pov

I click on the last list, save it and turn off my computer, watching as the screen turns black.

My fingers pinch the bridge of my nose and I exhale loudly with my eyes closed. I'm so fucking tired. No, tired is not the right word. I'm exhausted. I've had enough of digging and I haven't found a single thing on that guy. None of my people found a single fucking thing and it's making me more and more frustrated. I know that it can all be postponed in time, but I also know that he's my only option and he's not going to wait forever for me to decide finally. I even feel like I'm talking and thinking about the same thing over and over again.

I stand from my seat and straighten up my legs. They hurt from how long I've been sitting in the same position. They're almost numb. 

Even tho I really want to go home and relax, I have to make a quick stop at the hospital. It's not that late, I'm just sitting in the same position for such a long time because I came early. I simply couldn't sleep.

I take my bag from one of my shelves and put all my things inside, checking the notifications on my phone, but there are none. Some part of me is pretty happy with having no annoying texts or calls I'm rarely picking up right away. I only answer my phone when it's one of my friends or family. Then the other part of me wishes that I'd see a text from a certain someone. But then again, there would be no sense for her to write me other than to cancel the plans that we have, so maybe that's for the best. 

With a mind, full of thoughts I shouldn't have, I exit my office, closing it behind me. 

''Oi, you already going home? You sneaky bastard!'' I hear a voice of a person I'd rather not be stopped by right now. ''And then you make me sit here after hours on the weekends!'' He's being way too loud. My ears are not ready for such loud noises after sitting in silence for so long, and the only thing I was hearing was clicking coming from my computer. 

''No, I'm not going home, Niall.'' I turn around to face him. My tired and angry expression meets his grin and I don't even want to know why he's smiling like an idiot right now. He normally looks like that, so I should think of another name I guess. 

He crosses his arms at his chest and spreads his legs, standing like he's about to say something he's hundred percent sure of, but I bet it's total and complete bullshit from head to toe. When something comes out of Niall's mouth it's mostly irrelevant shit that's not even a bit truthful. 

I exhale loudly, already annoyed with him. I have no fucking idea how we're still best friends. He's way out of my mood board. I've never even felt the emotions that he goes through every day, even the slightest bit. ''Niall, come on. I don't have time.'' I throw my hands into the air.

''Okay, so we're going to act as if nothing happened on a certain evening? A night even?'' I furrow my brows, confused by his speech. Babbling bullshit, that's what he's the best at.

''Oh, yea.'' I nod my head. ''I was too tired and too occupied to understand what you were saying, so no. You're not getting any day off, any more money, or the boss's chair, so fuck off.'' I explain to him, pointing my finger at him. ''And don't even think about asking me that again.'' I check the time on my phone. Shit, I'm going to be late and they won't let me in. ''And now, if you could move cause I'll be late because of you. I don't have time for this.''

He purrs like a fucking cat and I groan at him. ''Of course, a certain someone can't wait. Tell her I said hi dummy.'' He moves to the side and I walk past him, but when I understand what he said I stop in my tracks and move closer to him, confused.

''What the fuck?'' I answer him, facing him fully with my body. ''Are you fucking spying on me?'' He laughs as if it's not fucking creepy, scary, or not even a little bit fucked up on any level.